The Student Room Group

The implant is ruining my realtionship help anybody else had this?

I got this bloody implant 3 months ago, at first we thought it was great as contraception, I however had heavy bleeding so got put onto the pill on top of the implant. I litereally cannont express the bad moods im gong trhoug, im emotional , irrational sometimes I think on the verge of psychotic.

I take evrything my boyfriend says to heart, if he says one thing wrong i flip out, i shout i cry and regret it straight awway its like i cant stop myself, its the same in everyting at work im moody and horirble. I say nasty things I feel like im constantly having PMS, im crying 99% of the time i seem to hate everybody. I thinki im going to get it removed anybody elsehat this/ how can i fix it with my boyfriend he thinks im using the implant as an excuse
If you don't like it, have it out. That simple.

I think that Mirena could be right for you:

- Reduced/absent bleeding
- Just as safe/protective as the implant
- Hormones all have a local affect, and don't get into your blood so can't affect you systemically.
- Your doctor will be happy to take out the implant if you are switching to the Mirena, rather than a less reliable one (eg: pill alone).

I have the implant and it's been great for me. Haven't noticed any mood effects at all, and bleeding is light and sporadic (although, when it first went in I had some continuous bleeding on and off for around 12 months!).

BUT - contraceptives are different for everyone. Even if you don't want a Mirena, you have every right to get the implant out, don't take no for an answer if that's what you want!
After having 3 miscarriages my partner and I decided it best to try the implant and it was the worst thing we ever did it totally ****ed up our relationship she got very withdrawn from me and argumentative all the time the least wee thing and I was a bastard. She was obviously going through a hard time but the longer it went on the less I could deal with it the further we drifted apart he harder it seemed to bridge the gap we were together as a couple for four years and we're close friends for ten years before we got together we never had an argument before she got the implant but that soon changed as her period up scaled from 5 days in the month to being lucky if there was 5 days in a month she was not on her period we were best friends right up till all of this. She stopped talking to me about what she had non her mind I could tell no was in trouble but had no nice a why shed CRACK up if I asked her to talk to me and she would be very argumentative when we did talk it was the cause of lots of full scale arguments we split up after 2 an a half years on the implant with no sign of change on thee horizon and lots of bitter feelings I'd go back to the way we were in a heartbeat it's one of my biggest failings in life losing not only my partner but my best friend aswell
Reply 3
My gf believes the implant made her depressed. She swapped to Mirena coil and is much happier

Quick Reply