The Student Room Group

Do you smoke?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Smoke when I am drunk ALL the time :tongue:
When I was younger I would smoke socially, not really anymore though
Reply 262
I used to. Believe me, you should never ****ing start, it's a dirty habit.
Original post by Wilfred Little
You can eat unhealthy food in moderation, which most people do. How many people do dangerous sports? Are there safety procedures and measures in place? Why should one not drive on an icey road as long as they're being careful?

You really cannot compare smoking to any of those examples you gave.

(Originally Posted by InkyOne)
"The issue that I have, and neg away, is that smokers, well aware of the risks of smoking, cost so much to treat that people with diseases that they did not bring upon themselves are not treated because the funds aren't there. This just seems completely unfair to me."

of course you can compare it. how much money does the NHS spend on treating people who are obese due to a poor diet? £4.2 billion in 2007.

Mountain biking, skiing?

maybe driving was not the best example but still, everyone takes risks (or makes lifestyle choices) that could adversely affect ones health.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Fair enough, I wasn't suggesting you were trying to gloat about it or anything, you didn't come across like that. How old were you when you first started smoking weed?

Also this:

I don't really know what to say lol :eek::biggrin:

I started smoking weed at 16/17, I'll turn 20 soon. I started smoking when I was suicidal, having anxiety attacks, underachieving at school and severely underweight. I'm much happier now :3

oh I realize how that sounded now!! I meant for smokers to have compassion lol. If people are waking in front of me, U will turn away and exhale or hold my breath if people with kids are walking by. I also put my roaches/butts in a tin.
Reply 265
Hello,
When i am in high school that time i was tested first cigarette. Then after i didn't smoke...
Original post by JohnC2211
1) It's not relaxing. You were more relaxed before you started smoking. The cigarette is what causing your restlessness, and the way that you become addicted is because the cigarette makes you feel relaxed when in fact it is the withdrawal symptoms that are causing you to not be relaxed.

2) You can find many other less harmful things to do with your hands.

3) You do not enjoy it. You only think you do, see point 1) about the cigarette causing your restlessness.

4) Right, because you could never focus on anything before you started smoking?

I have nothing against people who smoke. But I hate people who try to make up bull**** reasons to justify it.

That is what he gets from smoking. You may have had differing experiences, or maybe not smoked at all, but to discount his experiences IS bull****.
Reply 267
Original post by Copperknickers
It's mine as well, because I have to walk past you in the street every day and breath in your cancerous fumes every time I walk into any sort of public building. By all means, smoke, but nowhere where non-smokers want to go. Also, littering is illegal, I don't know why smokers seem to think they are exempt from that law when they throw cigarette butts on the ground.

I purposely smoke non-filtered cigarettes so that, after throwing them to the ground and knowing that it takes 2 weeks for nature to do its thing, I don't feel it's wrong to dispose of them as nature herself does. The filtered cigarettes last for years due to what the filters are made from.
Never have had a cigarette in my life. I have tried a vape once but other than that, nothing else. Cigarette use in our generation seems to be on the decline which is great! It's not worth doing. It's expensive, unhealthy, addictive and just plain dirty to me. I have asthma too so it makes zero sense for me to smoke.
It's a long story but, yes, smoke. Started after wanting to prove to my girlfriend that it's easy to quit and she challenged me. She was right. :frown: At least, now, I don't mind her smoking.

Quick Reply

Latest