(Original post by Eldedu)
That was my only reason. You've got me. I can't compete with that level of critical reading skill.
Also, it's "something to do". Because if you're going to make unfunny jokes (and then clap for yourself, clever boy!) then I'm going to unleash my grammar nazi.
- Sex has all kinds of nasty potential complications, stds, unwanted pregnancy, long term relationships...I suppose you never shag
- Alcohol: cirrhosis, innit. So you won't drink.
- Drugs: Don't even need to point out the dangers of these. You'll be stone cold sober I imagine.
- Capitalism: Chance of unemployment or a low standard of living. You must live in North Korea.
- Living in North Korea: Chance of being executed as an enemy of the state. So maybe you don't live in North Korea
- Extreme sports: Massive chance of grievous bodily harm, I imagine you'll stay at home.
- Driving: Number one cause of death amongst young people. You take the bus do you?
Humans are often, from an outside perspective, illogical. It's the entire raison d'etre for the social sciences.
There was a boy in the UK who mathematically and logically weighed up the probable lives he had ahead of him. He then shot himself.
But you know smoker-bashing, and picking out the worst reason out of a group, thrown in because it's true instead of because it having any particular weight, of five (of which the others seem to me to be very justifiable and understandable), is a lot easier than actually using your brain.