The Student Room Group

A Typical week timetable for a degree in Primary Education? :)

I am applying for the primary education degree (5-11 years). I know lots of the time is placements but was wondering what a typical timetable may be like actually in uni (i.e. lectures etc)

I am applying to Worcester and newman but any may be an indication for me, Thanks :smile:
Original post by Danii2
I am applying for the primary education degree (5-11 years). I know lots of the time is placements but was wondering what a typical timetable may be like actually in uni (i.e. lectures etc)

I am applying to Worcester and newman but any may be an indication for me, Thanks :smile:

Original post by Newbie1987
I'd be interested too, thanks guys :smile:

I've just finished my 2nd year of Primary Education at Durham

Generally per week I have:
1 day of placement
1 maths lecture )and then every fortnight 1.5 hours of maths seminar)
1 hour of science lecture and then 1 hour of science labwork seminar
2 hours of optional module (MFL/ICT/arts or humanities)
1 hour of English lecture then 1 hour of seminar
1 hour of a pointless subject (first year it was 'Developing and Learning in the Very Early Years', second year it was 'Teaching and Learning' theory)
1 hour of another pointless subject (first year this was Professional Studies, 2nd year this was Research Methods)

If either of you PM me your email address I will send you a copy of my timetable from first/2nd year - don't want to post it here as it has my name on etc

Primary Ed. at Durham claims to have a big workload, but it really doesn't. I've handed in 2 pieces of work per term since I've been here. There's just a lot of pressure to perform well. Compared to other courses we don't seem to have much contact time. Biomed students seem to have loooadsss more

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending