Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

best liquid eyeliner...

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely adore cat eyes, but I bought a liquid eyeliner from Avon which was quite expensive and it barely shown up and wasn't as dark and definitive as I wanted it, so I thought I'd ask on here if anybody uses a really good one before I spend all my money buying rubbish ones! Thanks. :}
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    "EXTREME-24 HOUR FELT TIP LINER" by Collection 2000 is pretty good
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Collection 2000 - 24hr one is AMAZING. I've tried so many eyeliners both cheaper and higher end, and this is without a doubt the best one I've used.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ive got the collection 2000 fast stroke eyeliner, and it's amazing! the brush is firm so you can get a really nice, smooth line and the liquid is really dark. It looks amazing and lasts forever without smudging. perfect for cat eyes! they have a waterproof one too. and the best thing is it's cheap! worth a try, the next time you're in boots or superdrug.

http://www.superdrug.com/eyes/collec...1/invt/228796/

the felt tip pen is also really good, it's quicker to use but i think the normal one is better just because you can get a darker line easier.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.loreal-paris.co.uk/cosmet...fect-slim.aspx

Its a bit pricey though compared to other brands
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzone)
    Ive got the collection 2000 fast stroke eyeliner, and it's amazing! the brush is firm so you can get a really nice, smooth line and the liquid is really dark. It looks amazing and lasts forever without smudging. perfect for cat eyes! they have a waterproof one too. and the best thing is it's cheap! worth a try, the next time you're in boots or superdrug.

http://www.superdrug.com/eyes/collec...1/invt/228796/

the felt tip pen is also really good, it's quicker to use but i think the normal one is better just because you can get a darker line easier.
    I thought I might just add, I used to have this but it used to burn whenever I used it and was a bit uncomfortable. If you have really sensitive skin this might be a problem for you OP
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gel eyeliner is brilliant for cat eyes and really easy to use- I like the Maybelline one.
    (Can't help with liquid sorry, don't use it)
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzone)
    Ive got the collection 2000 fast stroke eyeliner, and it's amazing! ...
    I also have this, and I concur. I find you have to go over a few times to get a really dark colour, but it's amazing for the price.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    L'Oreal Super Liner is THE best. I've tried so many eyeliners and none of the others compared. It's a really pigmented black, doesn't crack or fade, and because of its flexible tip it's sooo easy to apply in a straight line. Brilliant stuff.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I use a maxfactor liquid eyeliner, I'm not sure which it is but it cost me something like £5. I use it all the time and I've only had it smudge once but I had been rubbing my eyes. It's fairly waterproof too, I find!

I personally really don't like the collection 2000 eyeliner but obviously everyone will have a different opinion. I just don't think it has the same definition as my one, I have to use several layers of it to get it dark enough, so for me that defeats purpose of it being cost effectiveness as it runs out much faster. I also find it a lot more fiddly to apply and I can never get quite the right shape.

The maxfactor one I use - I compared it with another eyeliner before I bought it. I put two lines of tester eyeliner on my hand, left the shop and went shopping all day. Checked both the lines and the maxfactor was as I left it whereas the other had faded, if not completely disappeared. I was impressed so I bought it, never regretted it since.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

I swear by Rimmel
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'll take a mental note and take a trip to superdrug and boots! Hopefully they'll have some testers, I'll have a look at gel eyeliner too. Thanks for your responses, much appreciated
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    There's a really good l'oreal one which is a bit like a felt tip, really good for when you're starting out. I actually really like a miss sporty one as well, it might require a bit more practice because there's a brush, but it's really thin so I can get a precise line etc. And it's properly black and it lasts all day - I was a bit skeptical about using miss sporty at first but it's great.

But if you're interested in gel (much easier), the maybelline one is v. good
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    MAC liquidlast in point black!! You can literally swim in it and it won't come off. can be quite tricky to apply though because of the gel consistency, and due to it's gloopiness it probably isn't the best product to use if you want the eyeliner to look very thin and subtle (in which case I strongly recommend MAC fluidline but you need a brush to apply it)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    As alot of people on here have said, the collection 2000 one is sooooo good! I didn't realise how good it was until I bought the loreal superliner which doesnt really stay on that well at all! It is good though if you want a shiny line instead of a matte line, but nothing can beat the collection 2000 liner, and the fact that its super cheap is such a bonus!

I also have black trax by mac which is good if you want to have a really dramatic eye but the downside is that its an absolute mother to get off. I know its a gel liner but i thought I might aswell throw that in aswell seeing as it does the same job
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the responses, I've not had time to get to the shops lately :eek:

But I think I'll trust the majority judgement and go for Collection 2000!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Try Barry M's liquid liner. I can't remember the exact name...dolly something, and it's in a fat pink container like a pen.

It's awesome! Best liquid eyeliner I've used in a long time!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Loreal ones are the best You can get ones that are basically just pens and they are so quick and easy to use
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I swear by gel eyeliner. Really smooth and easy to apply and lasts ages. I like the MAC one the best.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Collection 2000 topliner is brilliant!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 23, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.