The Student Room Group

Could do with a bit of advice about degrees please

Hello guys thanks for opening this post up

First of all I am studying A levels at the minute (Just sat As level and waiting for results) and i am begging to look at universities. My future career I have chosen or would like to do at the minute is a career teaching in secondary schools; preferably I would like to teach Computing/ICT.

Now onto the question I want to ask, if I am wanting to go university to study with the intention of going into teaching Computing/ICT in the future which degree would you guys recommend? Would it be ICT/Computer Science/Computing?
Reply 1
Original post by v0ltoz
Hello guys thanks for opening this post up

First of all I am studying A levels at the minute (Just sat As level and waiting for results) and i am begging to look at universities. My future career I have chosen or would like to do at the minute is a career teaching in secondary schools; preferably I would like to teach Computing/ICT.

Now onto the question I want to ask, if I am wanting to go university to study with the intention of going into teaching Computing/ICT in the future which degree would you guys recommend? Would it be ICT/Computer Science/Computing?

I wouldn't draw a distinction between Computer Science and Computing. Some places might, but usually they are synonymous.

Well which do you want to teach? Doing an ICT course does not qualify you to do anything to do with Computer Science, which is in my mind an entirely unrelated discipline.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending