Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Things to do/Places to go in London

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've moved back to the Uk for uni and I'm with my bro for the summer in London. I don't really know too much about London and was wondering what were the best places to go and fun stuff to do in London.

Looked online all I could find was musicals and museums and I'm not too interested in either. Sightseeing doesn't really interest me too much either but it depends what it is, don't want to go to the London eye.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Definitely go to the west bank outside waterloo (near but not on the london eye ), especially if there's a market on or something. Once your there you can have a look around the Houses of Parliament if you're interested - there's also a horror show and an aquarium but I'm not sure if either are good quality. If there's a market on outside the national theatre grab some food there, if not there's loads of good restaurants!

There's always the west end if you fancy a musical, or the globe for some shakespeare There's always loads of comedy nights around everywhere if you're interested in that as well.

Ministry of sound :cool:

Tower of London is alright, I know you said no to museums but the science and/or history museums can be quite fun if you check what's on (and they're close).

What other things are you interested in? I'll try and list some more stuff if you reply!
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    What kind of things do you like?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    do you like to get ****ed?
    serious question
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaylafrances)
    do you like to get ****ed?
    serious question
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Clubs and stuff, you could go to like Madame Tussauds or the London Eye 4D thing or even the Science museum or you could watch a match at Arsenal, Tottenham or Chelsea's stadiums if you're into football Gigs at Wembley Arena or the Apollo. You could go shopping at Wesfield, Blue Water or Harrods.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Go to Camden one day. I spend far too much time there.
    Look around the shops and markets, there's plenty of vintage shops, a market with lots of tack, Cyberdog (which is a futuristic rave in a shop - some odd, odd stuff in there) and plenty of Shisha places. There is also a lovely book shop which I could easily spend hours in :love:.

It's also a great place to grab some lunch (there's pretty much any style of food you can think of). And then you could go for a drink in one of the amazing pubs to people watch.

Primrose Hill is also nearby (10 min walk). I could spend hours up there looking at the views.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hyde park in the day time. it's gorgeous. and embankment and night time.
    both are so lovely and obviously free!
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Also, Brick Lane is great especially on a Sunday. Go for a curry and go shopping!
    There's a lovely Vintage market, loads of food stalls and lots of people in the street playing music etc. There's also Rough Trade which is an amazing record store: even if you don't buy anything, it's worth going to discover some great new music.
    Shoreditch is also nearby: Boxpark (a pop-up shopping centre) and plenty of shops.

The area is also great if you're into street art. There are some AMAZING pieces.
    Just beware of the hipsters.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stressworthy)
    ...do you mind
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaylafrances)
    ...do you mind
    was hoping for you to elaborate lolol
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stressworthy)
    was hoping for you to elaborate lolol
    oh
    go to a rave
    that is all
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WilliamG)
    Definitely go to the west bank outside waterloo (near but not on the london eye ), especially if there's a market on or something. Once your there you can have a look around the Houses of Parliament if you're interested - there's also a horror show and an aquarium but I'm not sure if either are good quality. If there's a market on outside the national theatre grab some food there, if not there's loads of good restaurants!

There's always the west end if you fancy a musical, or the globe for some shakespeare There's always loads of comedy nights around everywhere if you're interested in that as well.

Ministry of sound :cool:

Tower of London is alright, I know you said no to museums but the science and/or history museums can be quite fun if you check what's on (and they're close).

What other things are you interested in? I'll try and list some more stuff if you reply!
    Going to Camden sounds like it would be good. Markets and stuff, cool places to shop interest me. Me and my bro were gonna see the Sherlock museum in baker street haha. Basically interested in fun stuff to do, all the stuff online looks boring like museums or musicals. That's why I asked on here so I could get advice and ideas which are not the standard stuff, stuff you might not find on the Internet.

What do you mean by if something's on at the history/science museum. What kind of stuff happens there.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf94)
    Going to Camden sounds like it would be good. Markets and stuff, cool places to shop interest me. Me and my bro were gonna see the Sherlock museum in baker street haha. Basically interested in fun stuff to do, all the stuff online looks boring like museums or musicals. That's why I asked on here so I could get advice and ideas which are not the standard stuff, stuff you might not find on the Internet.

What do you mean by if something's on at the history/science museum. What kind of stuff happens there.
    camden and south bank are both really nice/bustling areas.
    Convent garden and westfields for shopping

The exhibitions on at the science/history museums change quite a lot so I just meant it's worth checking if there's something you're interested in on at that time.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WilliamG)
    camden and south bank are both really nice/bustling areas.
    Convent garden and westfields for shopping

The exhibitions on at the science/history museums change quite a lot so I just meant it's worth checking if there's something you're interested in on at that time.
    South bank looks pretty interesting. Have you been? What could I do there? Could I just walk around and find cool stuff or would I need to know where I wanted to go. I don't know anything about it but I was on the website and it looks cool.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf94)
    South bank looks pretty interesting. Have you been? What could I do there? Could I just walk around and find cool stuff or would I need to know where I wanted to go. I don't know anything about it but I was on the website and it looks cool.
    yep I've been there loads of times. It's right next to waterloo and there's the national theatre, BFI (British Film Institute), street performers, loads of nice restaurants, normally some sort of outdoor art exhibition, sometimes a really good food market, near to houses of parliament etc. Can't remember much more but you can just have a wander
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What about the London Dungeons?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Spitalfields Market is great for shopping!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    If you want a good view maybe try out the new cable car from the O2 to Royal Docks.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Aquarium on Southbank is brilliant! Also famous restaurants like The Ivy (although expensive) are delicious. You should also go to the Oxo Tower for an amazing view...and good drinks If you're interested in Harry Potter you can do the London tour?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9003

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: July 9, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.