Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

have a little look at my blog?

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would love you guys to check out my latest blog post and indeed my blog as a whole. My latest post is about my first 'clubbing' experience. My blog as a whole is basically observational writing with a focus on LOVE.

I'd love some criticism and comments. Obviously, in return I'll give some feedback on your own writing if you'd like it.

http://thinkbeckysharp.blogspot.co.uk/

BIG THANKS!
    pellejema
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (if you could leave your comments/thoughts on this thread it would be the best)

x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pellejema)
    (if you could leave your comments/thoughts on this thread it would be the best)

x
    Your blog stood out to me in that other thread -- I find there's a really great flow and rhythm to your writing. All I can say is that I hope you find the motivation to keep blogging.

I enjoyed your strawberry ice-cream story a lot. Do you still write fiction?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I looked at your blog and now I've got panuveitis and arthritis, and urethritis.

Thanks.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like your post about fashion, you seem very self-analytical as a person! I've never seen anyone else (other than me, as pretentious as that sounds!) make the realisation that you only spend money on stuff because you have the money to.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    That was really entertaining, your writing is excellent and really helps the reader imagine vividly what you're saying and of course thats a good thing, even though what you're describing is invariably considered to be a bad thing for some and a good thing for those unwittingly victimising those in the bad camp courtesy of free shots and not the type you'll get if you meander into certain boroughs of London. At night with a mind to show the locals your new jewellery.

Keep it up
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Some little things annoyed me and the background is far too bright BUT I found your post on clubbing really enjoyable. You told the story in a fun, entertaining, non-serious way that really grabbed me.

Following your blog now!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mailmerge)
    Your blog stood out to me in that other thread -- I find there's a really great flow and rhythm to your writing. All I can say is that I hope you find the motivation to keep blogging.

I enjoyed your strawberry ice-cream story a lot. Do you still write fiction?
    Thank you! I still write bits and pieces, mainly stuff from my own life made interesting. I've recently thought it would be awesome to write short stories, so maybe that's what I'll work on and blog this summer. x

(Original post by Hippysnake)
    I looked at your blog and now I've got panuveitis and arthritis, and urethritis.

Thanks.
    The pleasure is all mine.

(Original post by Arekkusu)
    I like your post about fashion, you seem very self-analytical as a person! I've never seen anyone else (other than me, as pretentious as that sounds!) make the realisation that you only spend money on stuff because you have the money to.
    Thanks for your comment! You're totally right about me being self analytical. Since I wrote that post I've discovered the Vagenda blog (http://vagendamag.blogspot.com/) which is better at cutting apart women's magazines and the effect women's magazines can have on women than I ever could be. x

(Original post by theonefrombrum)
    That was really entertaining, your writing is excellent and really helps the reader imagine vividly what you're saying and of course thats a good thing, even though what you're describing is invariably considered to be a bad thing for some and a good thing for those unwittingly victimising those in the bad camp courtesy of free shots and not the type you'll get if you meander into certain boroughs of London. At night with a mind to show the locals your new jewellery.

Keep it up
    Haha - THANK YOU! x

(Original post by 11flon)
    Love your post about clubbing (':
    Not being single just makes it incredibly awkward for me, I'm definitely also a "cocktail-and-conversation" kind of girl
    Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one!! Thanks for your comment x

(Original post by DotComBoom)
    Some little things annoyed me and the background is far too bright BUT I found your post on clubbing really enjoyable. You told the story in a fun, entertaining, non-serious way that really grabbed me.

Following your blog now!
    Yeah you're very right about the background - I set up the blog ages ago (in the autumn - could you guess?) but haven't worked out how to change it yet. I'm thinking about taking a picture myself which more suits the tone of the writing. Thanks for your feedback x
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Its well written and I think its good that you are practising your writing. Maybe write about your experiences at school, uni, family christmas party etc.
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    I read your clubbing post and I thought it was brilliant! Love your writing style and enjoyed your instinctive suspicions. Nice vocab too. I'll check back in future.
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    good spelling and grammar... reminded me of Julie Burchill
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, but you're writing about going out drinking?

I can't help but struggle to imagine a more boring human being.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    good spelling and grammar... reminded me of Julie Burchill
    haha brilliant. Can I ask what it is that reminds you of Julie Burchill? I can't say I can see anything of her writing in there myself...
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    haha brilliant. Can I ask what it is that reminds you of Julie Burchill? I can't say I can see anything of her writing in there myself...
    just the general perkiness and sharp observations... i am sure you are not an obese dwarf like her

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    just the general perkiness and sharp observations... i am sure you are not an obese dwarf like her

Oh PHEW that could have gone either way haha x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fynch101)
    Sorry, but you're writing about going out drinking?

I can't help but struggle to imagine a more boring human being.
    DW babes you don't have to read it. The good thing about the internet is, if something doesn't interest you you don't have to click on it! Technology is cool!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Really funny but, and this is speaking as someone who often does the same, might want to watch some of your more pretentious phrasing, especially if you're not quite doing it right (exeunt means a group of characters exit for example ). Hope you won't be offended by that advice, it's still pretty good writing! I just look out for things I know I do when I read other people's stuff.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poudlardaise)
    Really funny but, and this is speaking as someone who often does the same, might want to watch some of your more pretentious phrasing, especially if you're not quite doing it right (exeunt means a group of characters exit for example ). Hope you won't be offended by that advice, it's still pretty good writing! I just look out for things I know I do when I read other people's stuff.
    Yea I used the word 'exeunt' specifically because I wanted to make it sound like we were only characters in a play rather than the club being real life etc etc but obviously that didn't come off! I'll alter it and thanks for the feedback x
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    DW babes you don't have to read it. The good thing about the internet is, if something doesn't interest you you don't have to click on it! Technology is cool!
    You're writing about what kind of drink you like the best, as if its objective.

Get a life.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fynch101)
    You're writing about what kind of drink you like the best, as if its objective.

Get a life.
    I'll take that as:

a) you didn't read it or
    b) you're really ignorant

both are fine by me, obviously, though either way I think your comments say more about yourself than they do about me. x

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 11, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.