Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Just called the police

Announcements Posted on
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangoh)
    Encouraging suicide is disgusting when I had a friend commit suicide. You should be ashamed of yourself, perhaps another learning curve :l

You told a LONG story which makes a thread very long when you could have answered it straight to the point. I doubt OP was looking for a long story to read given the circumstances.

Perhaps quick reassurance?

Edit: Thanks OP for confirming that your story isn't related at all. Just because your story M1011 involved police doesn't mean we should post it in other people's thread.

And P.S. GCSE wth are you on about?
    Lovely, we all have one of those, sad world we live in right? If only we could all be a bit more light hearted about things and take a joke, maybe there'd be a bit more happiness. Are you getting the underlying hint here? I also love how you're lecturing me for supposedly making the thread long, pot calling the kettle black much? If you are truly worried about thread length, stop quoting me.

As for your edits;
    1) the OP simply didn't say that. At all. Not that it makes a difference either way, just saying.
    2) are you denying that you're a sixteen year old? Stop trying to lecture your elders. Learn from me youngling, for one day you might also be faced with a 'omg I'm in my neighbours garden with a weapon surrounded by police' scenario.
    3) Your second paragraph is creepy. Try to not use the word 'long' so many times, it sounds like you're overcompensating.

Yeah an 'amazing story' that doesn't relate

OP you all fine now?
    The OP's post said 'amusing story', not amazing. Stop trying to encourage my lime-light, it wasn't that good.

Need we continue?
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Talk about trying to take OP's lime light and make the story all to do with an experience you had.

Hope you don't do this in real life.

Learning curve, don't relate things about you as the story was long, boring and doesn't help the OP.

Before anyone rants at me i'm only being honest and helping other TSR members to get more helpful answers. We should all come forward instead of hiding behind the crap reputation system.

On topic (contributed already so going to keep this bit short) : OP glad everything is okay now, if you need us, you know where we are
    I found it very interesting actually as well as engaging.

(Original post by M1011)
    You should write books mate !
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It might have been a fox.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    It's alright, serial killers don't exist outside the movies.
    I can't remember the last time there was a British serial killer who killed anyone other than prostitutes or young girls. But still, they do exist, and you're better safe than sorry.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    When I was younger, I used to be scared of cows breaking into the house.
    Cravendale adverts are enough to make anyone paranoid.

Btw has anyone noticed that the OP has not replied for about 3 pages? In all seriousness, if you had reason to believe that someone was dead from talking to them over the internet, would you call the police? I mean, stories like the one about this woman, God rest her, pop up more than you would think, and there must be some of them where an internet acquintance might have evidence.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by truthandtragedy)
    My parents are on holiday so I'm house-sitting at the moment. I was out in my drive having a fag about 10.30 and I heard a really distressed sounding woman's scream from one of the houses behind mine. I just sort of dismissed it then I heard it again a few minutes later. It didn't sound like a giggly, kids messing about kind of scream at all. So I come inside, trying not to panic but my mind does go a bit haywire so all these thoughts of axe-murderers in my village were running through my mind. I live in a small, rural village and nothing really ever happens here. So I was like mm, it'll be fine, just lock the doors and windows and go to sleep. But then I was worried that if something did happen and I didn't say anything, I'd feel terrible. So I rung the police who were lovely even though I sounded like a crazy woman, and they're sending someone out to check.

Not sure why I'm posting this thread, really! I'm just worried. The woman I spoke to took my name, address and phone number so I'm hoping they don't come round to speak to me tonight as I'm in my jammies looking like a mong.

Has anyone called the police for something like this? Do they get back in touch with you?
    well, not to worry, you live in a village, the police were probably just on Facebook or masturbating or something...probably appreciated the change in routine.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well you must be part of the minority. Don't encourage her to write books please as she struggles to take constructive criticism.
    She? Was that supposed to be funny? It wasn't.

Constructive criticism? Nobody has said anything bad apart from you, and your post got negged several times? Grow up, it wasn't a novel, it was a funny past experience, it's not my fault if you don't have an imagination. Christ, you must be the most depressing person IRL, maybe I shouldn't have made that 'find something tall and jump off' joke, you sound like the kind who actually would...

*prepares self for another lecture by TSRs resident librarian*

Might as well continue since your crap story already ruined this thread.
    My story on page three (where historically all the good stuff is kept of course) 'ruined' this thread? Grow up. Nobody agrees with the crap you're posting, including the OP who has made that clear, so move on. I'm going to bed, when I return I suspect you'll be hiding under a rock somewhere just like all the other vermin do when the sun comes up.

:spider:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    So this is what people do at night... Argue.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Copperknickers)
    Cravendale adverts are enough to make anyone paranoid.

Btw has anyone noticed that the OP has not replied for about 3 pages? In all seriousness, if you had reason to believe that someone was dead from talking to them over the internet, would you call the police? I mean, stories like the one about this woman, God rest her, pop up more than you would think, and there must be some of them where an internet acquintance might have evidence.
    I posted at the top of this page. I'm still alive!
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well you must be part of the minority. Don't encourage her to write books please as she struggles to take constructive criticism.

Might as well continue since your crap story already ruined this thread.

Take note how do write a good story:

10/10

Straight to the point, not too long and reassures OP.

Mate stp being pathetic and accept you lost trhe argument. The OP agrees with the person in question and you said you had an issue with their post because it was irrlelevant to the OP.

FOOoool.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fine.
    Thank you.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    More likely either she was just getting a really good seeing to, or it was just a fox.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I rung the police on my way home from work once, I thought a house down my street was/had been robbed as it looked like the front door was wide open. Never heard from them again, about a week later I noticed in the day light that there was a second door, which was very dark so I just couldn't see it at 4.30am in February.
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    I did something simular, I heard my neihbours boyfriend banging the window followed by a loud argument and the a bang, then silence.

I phoned the police and when they asked me for my details I decided to remain anonymous.

I actually told my neighbours when I was drunk, the girl laughed and the boy wanted to punch me.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by truthandtragedy)
    I posted at the top of this page. I'm still alive!
    Oh. Good.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fine.
    Your rep points speak for themself....

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 13, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE results day

How to make sure you're prepared for Thursday

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.