Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Has anyone heard of a company called WMSR Ltd ?

Announcements Posted on
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just got an interview for a role in sales and marketing and was wondering what to expect if anyone knows anything about it as my application there was simply part of a 'scatter gun' approach and i cant really find any infomation about it except for some limited financial data... any help much appreciated
    Thank you!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wrexham, Shropshire and Marylebone Railway Company?

Went bust last year.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't seem legit if it is this one:

http://www.wmsr.co.uk

For a few reasons:

1. They claim to be recently started... Yet they are already saying they are wanted world wide, and that they work with FTSE 100 companies.
    2. They are situated at Berkshire House in Reading, however I done a quick search and you can rent a virtual office from that building.
    3. No one else seems to have heard of them.

Although they could be completely legit, just seems fishy to me.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hiya. Well I have also been offered an interview with them for later today around midday. I've tried looking around to see what I can find out about them but not with much success. Yet when speaking with the person who offered it to me, she seemed rather helpful. I'm just going to go and hope for the best and if it is dodgy then I guess it will be an experience.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxheartsxx)
    Hiya. Well I have also been offered an interview with them for later today around midday. I've tried looking around to see what I can find out about them but not with much success. Yet when speaking with the person who offered it to me, she seemed rather helpful. I'm just going to go and hope for the best and if it is dodgy then I guess it will be an experience.
    Yar i was offered an interview at around then aswell but since i only got the email at like 23:00 i had to sign up for the Weds one, dont suppose you could tell me how it goes once youve had it could you ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cl_steele)
    Yar i was offered an interview at around then aswell but since i only got the email at like 23:00 i had to sign up for the Weds one, dont suppose you could tell me how it goes once youve had it could you ?
    Of course I can. Well I had it earlier on today and there is a form to fill in initially. All there is to fill in are your qualifications, any previous employment, interest and hobbies, a bit about what attracted you to the advert and what your ambitions are in your career. Then you are taken into a room to have an interview, which lasts about 10 minutes. I was taken in with another girl who had also applied so I'm guessing they do it in groups.

The guy just asked a few questions. He asked what drew you to sales marketing. He asks what you would like to get out of the job should you get it, so he asked me if I was looking at purely a high salary or if I wanted more experience alongside the salary. He also asked what two things we felt we excel at. He told us each what our hours would be considering all of that, which differed between the two of us. He also got us to prioritise four things about what we wanted out of the job should we get it, but he did say there was no right or wrong answer. that was more to deem what specific job they would direct us towards. It lasted about ten minutes, so considering the amount of time it took me to get there, seemed like nothing. He talked a bit about the company, and their approach. And it didn't seem dodgy when I was there. He said that they would ring tomorrow to say whether it was successful or not and give feedback if it's not. And if you are successful, then there is an open-day/2nd interview after which they make their final decision.

Hopefully that is concise and helpful for you. And if I've missed anything just let me know
    xxx
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Of course I can. Well I had it earlier on today and there is a form to fill in initially. All there is to fill in are your qualifications, any previous employment, interest and hobbies, a bit about what attracted you to the advert and what your ambitions are in your career. Then you are taken into a room to have an interview, which lasts about 10 minutes. I was taken in with another girl who had also applied so I'm guessing they do it in groups.

The guy just asked a few questions. He asked what drew you to sales marketing. He asks what you would like to get out of the job should you get it, so he asked me if I was looking at purely a high salary or if I wanted more experience alongside the salary. He also asked what two things we felt we excel at. He told us each what our hours would be considering all of that, which differed between the two of us. He also got us to prioritise four things about what we wanted out of the job should we get it, but he did say there was no right or wrong answer. that was more to deem what specific job they would direct us towards. It lasted about ten minutes, so considering the amount of time it took me to get there, seemed like nothing. He talked a bit about the company, and their approach. And it didn't seem dodgy when I was there. He said that they would ring tomorrow to say whether it was successful or not and give feedback if it's not. And if you are successful, then there is an open-day/2nd interview after which they make their final decision.

Hopefully that is concise and helpful for you. And if I've missed anything just let me know
    xxx
    Haha i was literally just about to PM you but yes thats incredibly helpful thank you very much! Sounds a lot less stressful than other intervidews i've had where they seem to take pleasure in asking trick questions and the like. but yes thank you very much! If theres anything else you can think of that i should scrub up on quickly it'd be much appreicated but yes once again thank you! Plus rep
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha i was literally just about to PM you but yes thats incredibly helpful thank you very much! Sounds a lot less stressful than other intervidews i've had where they seem to take pleasure in asking trick questions and the like. but yes thank you very much! If theres anything else you can think of that i should scrub up on quickly it'd be much appreicated but yes once again thank you! Plus rep
    Hey I've just been offered an interview there, how did yours go? Did you get the job? etc
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

xxx
    Hi, I've just been given an interview with them for tomorrow morning. Did you get offered a job in the end?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lrs_17)
    Hi, I've just been given an interview with them for tomorrow morning. Did you get offered a job in the end?
    This seems like it's a direct marketing company (scratch that, it is), therefore you will mostly likely be paid on commission from door-to-door sales. The salary they quote is probably unrealistic... and you will get the job unless you turn up like completely unwashed or something. Be careful.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    oh hey I just got asked for an interview on Monday, so how is this company?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bruneljatt)
    oh hey I just got asked for an interview on Monday, so how is this company?
    Read my post directly above yours.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was feeling the same as most the people here, but I've now been working for them for 4 months and the job and money is awesome, feel free to drop my name in an interview, I'm Ollie. And happy to answer any questions about the job either on here or in a pm
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ollieho)
    I was feeling the same as most the people here, but I've now been working for them for 4 months and the job and money is awesome, feel free to drop my name in an interview, I'm Ollie. And happy to answer any questions about the job either on here or in a pm

Hi Ollie, thanks for joining this thread. I've also been invited to an interview and would like to know whether this is a door-to-door marketing job and perhaps you could also tell me how much you get paid. Is payment based only on commission only and are you working only around Reading area?. Thanks
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remxy)
    Hi Ollie, thanks for joining this thread. I've also been invited to an interview and would like to know whether this is a door-to-door marketing job and perhaps you could also tell me how much you get paid. Is payment based only on commission only and are you working only around Reading area?. Thanks
    From http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/peter-hutchinson/31/718/865:

Sales Consultant
    at WMSR ltd (Worldwide Marketing Solutions ltd)
    October 2010 – January 2011 (4 months)

Worked as a Sales Consultant, selling ADT security alarms to private residnetial home owners. The role included all aspects of Sales, Marketing and Customer Service, and was a self employed commision only role.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Be careful. This is a commission ONLY position.

Despite WMSR Ltd advertising the position as "Basic salary +OTE" on a recruitment website, I have confirmed this is commission only position.

I had been contacted by them and offered an interview. As always I did some research and came across this thread. In order to give them the benefit of the doubt, I called them at thier Reading office and spoke to a lady by the name of Bianca, who confirmed that this was a commission only position.

What surprises me, is that if they are misleading me at this early stage, how would I be mislead had I attended the job interveiw and been appointed as one of thier sales team.

I need to ask the question:- Is the way they advertise job vacancies ethical, and if WMSR Ltd feel that they can advertise this way, how ethical are their sales methods?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I will advise anyone thinking about joining this company not to.
    I recently quit cause it is a massive scam.

Youll be overworked (6 days a week, 44 hours) and paid around 150 quid (if you're lucky).
    Its all commission based and youre supposedly self employed, despite having a dress code, contracted hours and having to report to your 'manager' every morning.

You are not in control of what you take home each week. You will be caught out massively here as youll be expecting a handsome wage when really you will ve blindfolded and bummed to the extreme. Theres only one person a manager cares about there and that's themself. Unless of course youre getting sales and theyre earning £400 a day alone just from you. Theyll love you then.

But take it from someone who knows, don't bother. If you go, youll soon realise youre better off signing on.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Looks like a small start up company to me, for a marketing firm their website is utter ****. Be wary...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just got an interview for a role in sales and marketing and was wondering what to expect if anyone knows anything about it as my application there was simply part of a 'scatter gun' approach and i cant really find any infomation about it except for some limited financial data... any help much appreciated
    Thank you!
    Hi,
    Just to let you know, this company started off within Cobra, look them up (does not make good reading).

Interviews are done on mass, by someone called Ash and he promotes all sorts of sh.. about how much you can earn etc, all self employed no matter where you see the adverts saying different.

They work for two resources, ADT reasonable company and Thermal Coatings, look them up (does not make good reading)

All cold calling, all pre motivational hype with little or no delivery, ask them how many people they turn over in a month or a year, hundreds go through the system. did this for a couple of months out of Woking, then Reading and then they wanted me to drive to Dartford, me thinks not and quit.

some nice people work there but it wasn't for me.
    Ps: they were meant to pay me £25 a pitch and £25 per sale, but sales didnt happen and you dont get told.
    good luck
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FootPatrol)
    Hi,
    Just to let you know, this company started off within Cobra, look them up (does not make good reading).

Interviews are done on mass, by someone called Ash and he promotes all sorts of sh.. about how much you can earn etc, all self employed no matter where you see the adverts saying different.

They work for two resources, ADT reasonable company and Thermal Coatings, look them up (does not make good reading)

All cold calling, all pre motivational hype with little or no delivery, ask them how many people they turn over in a month or a year, hundreds go through the system. did this for a couple of months out of Woking, then Reading and then they wanted me to drive to Dartford, me thinks not and quit.

some nice people work there but it wasn't for me.
    Ps: they were meant to pay me £25 a pitch and £25 per sale, but sales didnt happen and you dont get told.
    good luck

I wanna know who this is! I was from the Dartford branch til I quit a couple of weeks ago! I make you completely right with what you've said! I didnt get paid a penny the week I left.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 17, 2013
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.