Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Student accomodation - Shared Houses

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey im starting at Plymouth uni in september and i am looking at shared houses. Does anyone know the good areas/areas to avoid living in Plymouth? Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    nope - but there's a couple of agencies the uni recommends - one is chris shorey, the other.... maybe 'clever student lets' or somethin like that - they can match you to a house and an area - and all bills are incl
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The house I'm living in is up for rent for sept?
    It's the nicest house! £88 per week.
    x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I have 2 spare rooms available for sept 2012 in our house next year! It's an 8 bedroom house £86 a week including bills and broadband, double bed, big living room, 2 mins from uni campus! We're a lovely bunch of peeps as well
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey - what year are you guys? Im tryin to find people who're startin new like me, and maybe a bit cheaper rent, (although never had a double bed !) but open to anythin
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rdfresson)
    Hey im starting at Plymouth uni in september and i am looking at shared houses. Does anyone know the good areas/areas to avoid living in Plymouth? Thanks
    Hello there

Most students live in/around Mutley Plain and North Hill. There is lots of bars, pubs and shops in this area. Rent for the average student room will be £60-70 for a single and up to £100 for a large double with en-suite. Can get to the uni from these places with 5-20mins...depends how quick you walk. You'll be a short bus ride from town or a 15min walk.

Areas to avoid:

North Prospect - Don't think there is any student lets there, but avoid. It's a large council estate plagued by bad boy chavs

Barn Barton - It's a dump

Devonport - Not bad in places, but can be a bit iffy.

Stonehouse - Dodgy in places

Union Street - Close to city centre, but this is plymouth main club street, so gets a touch rowdy after 10. Bit of a dump also.

Nicer areas (prices to match)

Mannamead
    Compton
    Hartley
    The Hoe - Will be pricey as by the seaside
    West Hoe - I live here. Resedential. Can walk to city centre in 10mins. 20-30mins walk to uni, or 10min bus journey. Touch pricey, but it's pretty dead, so a safe place to live.

Other areas

Stoke - Fairly quiet place
    Keyham - Family/residential
    Crownhill - Too far out for most students. Quiet though.
    Eggbuckland - as above
    Cattedown - Closeish to city centre, not much in the way of student lets. There is a lot of private lets there though
    Prince Rock - Residential area

Ermm...send us a message if you require any extra info. Lived in Plymouth since 98, so can answer most things.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I live along ladysmith road, lipson and there's quite a few students in the area & the rent is cheaper as its further out!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peg)
    Hello!

I have 2 spare rooms available for sept 2012 in our house next year! It's an 8 bedroom house £86 a week including bills and broadband, double bed, big living room, 2 mins from uni campus! We're a lovely bunch of peeps as well
    Hello Peg,
    I'm a student from the Netherlands and I'm searching for a student room. Maybe you can help me. I'm am 22 and I will study at the university of Plymouth of September - December 2012.
    I'm looking forward to you reply.
    Mark-Paul
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tjtdesi)
    The house I'm living in is up for rent for sept?
    It's the nicest house! £88 per week.
    x
    Hello Tjtdesi,
    I'm a student from the Netherlands and I'm searching for a student room. Maybe you can help me. I'm am 22 and I will study at the university of Plymouth of September - December 2012.
    I'm looking forward to you reply.
    Mark-Paul
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    mark-paul

Check this website out - www.spareroom.co.uk

Plenty of student houses there.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the info having a look around, wish the uni would release their approved accomodation but they wont until my results go through! pfff
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking for people to share with atm, I'm a second year computing student. Room is 90/95 a week ( 95 is kingsize bed mega huge room) pm me if your interested, all bills included too, located 53 furzehill road.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Any female students interested in sharig a house, 2 female master students currently living in a 6 bed house and we would like to find 4 friendly (and tidy) students to live with let me know. All double bedrooms, £88 per week including all bills! x

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 24, 2012
New on TSR

THE world university rankings 2014-2015 revealed

Will they affect your uni choices?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.