Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Question for Muslims - how old were you when you finished the Qur'an?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starrstruck)
    Yeah I know, everyone has different paces. Someone negged you for this post too - I don't understand why people who are against Islam would come to his thread even though it's specifically adressing Muslims.
    Don't worry, just ignore them. I wasn't surprised to see the likes of Steve and Chelseafan posting in this thread (the usual anti-Islam culprits). It's better that you're still learning and reading it, than finishing it when you're 10 and not remembering anything afterwards etc. All the best with finishing it off during Ramzan inshaAllah.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mirror+probe)
    Don't worry, just ignore them. I wasn't surprised to see the likes of Steve and Chelseafan posting in this thread (the usual anti-Islam culprits). It's better that you're still learning and reading it, than finishing it when you're 10 and not remembering anything afterwards etc. All the best with finishing it off during Ramzan inshaAllah.
    He didn't say anything particularly bad, no need to single him out.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhaal_Chawal)
    He didn't say anything particularly bad, no need to single him out.
    I shall single out whoever I wish to.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was about 10/11 and my Dad gave me 100 Pounds!!!!
    I have completed it over 6 times mashallah and I aim to finish it in the month of Ramzan once again!!!!
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thank you
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naziiwazii786)
    I was about 10/11 and my Dad gave me 100 Pounds!!!!
    I have completed it over 6 times mashallah and I aim to finish it in the month of Ramzan once again!!!!
    Wow that's really good mashallah. Did you go to mosque or did you get a teacher to come to your house?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Basically, My dad is very Islamic Mashallah, he has published over 10 books, he has built a mosque in Pakistan and he is well known in our family.
    I didnt go to mosque but I was taught at home by my Dad and my sister, My sister would teach me throughout the week and my Dad would test me on the weekend.

My sister-in-law taught me for a short space of time as she has a degree in Islamic teachings and Arabic studies.
    My brother-in-law also taught me for a short space of time which was an advantage because he is a Hafiz Quran.
    I know-Confusing with a lot of past teachers!!!!!!!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriends an atheist. He's 17 and has finished reading the bible (old and new testaments) and the qur'an. Unfortunately he only does it to find holes in other peoples religions so he can 'debate' with them. ie have a full blown row over how silly their beliefs are and how their prophet/saviour/whatever isn't such the perfect person that they're portrayed to be. :sigh:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clare~Bear)
    My boyfriends an atheist. He's 17 and has finished reading the bible (old and new testaments) and the qur'an. Unfortunately he only does it to find holes in other peoples religions so he can 'debate' with them. ie have a full blown row over how silly their beliefs are and how their prophet/saviour/whatever isn't such the perfect person that they're portrayed to be. :sigh:
    So he only reads it to proactively find holes, how nice of him. I bet he just skims past all the good bits ...
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    So he only reads it to proactively find holes, how nice of him. I bet he just skims past all the good bits ...
    Probably. He says that he likes some of the fables and what not. He's from a Catholic family so had to read the bible when he was younger, but cos he didn't believe in any of it, as he was reading he found things that contracdicted each other or are things that are unacceptable now a days.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    I finished it the first time when I was about 9/10 years old, in English though. I've read bits of it in Arabic but didn't see the point in reading something I can't understand. Think I've read it about 4/5 times now.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Theres no shame in it! I was 12 when i finished it the first time but that was because i was a fast reader.
    Keep going . you'll get there in the end!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    im 19 years old and i havent completed the quran yet. I am ashamed of myself.sigh. I should probably start reading it again this ramadhan.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clare~Bear)
    I'd rather read it skeptically than gloss over all the bad bits. Surely that's better?
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naziiwazii786)
    Basically, My dad is very Islamic Mashallah, he has published over 10 books, he has built a mosque in Pakistan and he is well known in our family.
    I didnt go to mosque but I was taught at home by my Dad and my sister, My sister would teach me throughout the week and my Dad would test me on the weekend.

My sister-in-law taught me for a short space of time as she has a degree in Islamic teachings and Arabic studies.
    My brother-in-law also taught me for a short space of time which was an advantage because he is a Hafiz Quran.
    I know-Confusing with a lot of past teachers!!!!!!!
    That's a good thing, are you very religious then?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I first finished it when I was 8 in Arabic and from then on I've read it 3 times all together and now reading it for the fourth time, I'm now 16 and inshallah you'll finish in Ramadan! Wish you all the best

I suppose i need to read it in English now but havent really had the time what with exams and everything

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnderCOVER)
    I first finished it when I was 8 in Arabic and from then on I've read it 3 times all together and now reading it for the fourth time, I'm now 16 and inshallah you'll finish in Ramadan! Wish you all the best

I suppose i need to read it in English now but havent really had the time what with exams and everything

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Thanks that's very kind of you. I haven't had the time to look at any english translations because I've been busy as well. Well, we've got Ramadan to do it now, thank God it's it's in the summer holidays.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starrstruck)
    That's a good thing, are you very religious then?
    I wouldnt say Im very very religious but I do try to do my best!!!My dad has never forced us to do something or learn something but belives there has to be self input to achieve, and if he is going to tell us all our lives, what are we going to learn about our religion if we are not completely devoted to it.
    I have lived by a motto and when i feel i am straying a little I think of this and it motivates me......

"its as if you are going into a gold shop expecting the best when you have no money to give in return"

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 12, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.