Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Where would You choose to study ( out of these two choices ) for your A levels

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone ,

I am currently in the last summer before I attend college and I have two choices of college / sixth form that are willing to accept me depending on my gcse results , I am currently in a dilema in choosing the one which would be best for me , as they both offer what I would consider Pros and Cons.

1 ) My school Sixth form

. I know all the staff , who are extremely supportive and would do their best to help me obtain the best results.

I know most of the boys going , meaning i wouldn't have to worry about fitting in and meeting new people .

. Smaller classes , meaning more 1 on 1 support , I am seen as a student rather than a number

2 ) Richmond upon Thames college

. Huge college : plenty of opportunity to make new friends and people who i share interests with , and possibly meet a gf . ( I have neither in abundance right now). I need to get an understanding of the real world is like ,

. My two closest freinds are going there , these are pretty much the only true freinds I have , and i dont want to grow distant from them . ( Yet we are not going to be in exactly the same classes ...)

. Lots of enrichment + extra curricular activities , giving the means to get a life and get ucas points

. Extremely high pass rate for A level students .

Cons

1) My sixth form

The school is formed of yr 11 pupils from my single sex male high school and the single sex female hs in my borough , most of the attractive girls are known by everyone and so I dont have much of a chance .

. Seeing the same regular faces means I wont make that many new friends as im not really freinds with any of the boys going more accomplices , yet I could make a female friend or two.

My two besties are going the college , so I'm going to be pretty alone + secluded unless I make an effort to get to know my peers.

2) Richmond upon Thames

Expensive and long travel , costs £15 per week to get there , and train journey is about 50 mins. I will be arriving home late in the evenings

Large classes meaning i will have to do much more independent studying

Please give me your insights and opinions

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 10, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.