Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Student account after graduating

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just noticed on my statement my account is still a "Student current account" despite having graduated in 2010.

A few months back when I asked about this I was told a letter might be sent out at some point but I haven't had anything yet. It's with halifax, I've tried looking online but I can't find all that much about what happens afterwards, save for it going on for a year after graduation- now I'm at two years.

I'm not currently using my overdraft so sudden repayments aren't a problem, but I have a lot of things set up on the account that would be difficult to change. Do I go and talk to them or will it be something automatic at some point?

I don't mind losing the overdraft, I just want to keep the account/account number- I guess what will happen is the account will stay the same, but be changed to just a current account with the overdraft lowered/fees introduced right?

Thanks for any help.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The account number etc don't change, it's just the T+Cs. From memory it took Natwest about two years to change mine.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yar what Monk_keys said really the only thing that changes is the name, T&C, and any perks that only come with the student account the core details like account number, sort code, branch ra ra ra will stay the same unless you open a brand new account in which case i believe they do

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 10, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.