The Student Room Group

Higgs Boson Physicist Shunned

Scroll to see replies

Original post by prog2djent
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2012/jul/08/higgs-boson-pakistan-scientist

This is really, really sad, especially - "Officials at Quaid-i-Azam University had to cancel plans for Salam to lecture about his Nobel-winning theory when Islamist student activists threatened to break the physicist's legs, said his colleague Hoodbhoy."

I ******* hate religion, wherever and whenever, it will always be a setback to science, discovery, and secularism, or when innovation (Bid‘ah) is a crime.

The scientist himself is a devout Muslim. They are not against him because of his involvement in science, they are against him because of sectarian differences.

The Ahmadi himself claimed that it was contemplation upon the Qu'ran that lead him to his discoveries; as he himself once said:
So religion in this case has not been a setback, rather it has been an inspiration. Its better to understand the full story before you copy and paste articles that you half heartedly read otherwise your little anti-religion campaign will not work.
Original post by SaharaDesert
The scientist himself is a devout Muslim. They are not against him because of his involvement in science, they are against him because of sectarian differences.

The Ahmadi himself claimed that it was contemplation upon the Qu'ran that lead him to his discoveries; as he himself once said:
So religion in this case has not been a setback, rather it has been an inspiration. Its better to understand the full story before you copy and paste articles that you half heartedly read otherwise your little anti-religion campaign will not work.

Good find
Reply 62
This is one of the most disgusting things I've ever heard. Adbus Salam went from being a national hero to being shunned just because of sectarian differences. It really is a shame for Pakistan; Salam could have acted as a great role model for young Pakistani Physicists or even more generally.

These prats should remind themselves what that white stripe on the Pakistani flag represents.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending