Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are your thoughts on Bath?

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It looks like a nice University, but I think their offer is slightly higher than what other Economics courses of similar prestige require. It's more competitive than I would have thought!

Can anyone offer any insight into the pros and cons of Bath's Economics course?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bath is an excellent university and their Economics programme is extremely good and well regarded. They also have strong links with the finance sector and have an active investment society.

A typical offer of A*AA is high, true, but most good programmes these days are AAA, and further, if we're honest, it isn't difficult to obtain A* in A-Level Maths.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hope to hear some opinions on Bath as well. I've got offers for Nottingham pure econs and for the sandwich course in Bath. I'm almost set on firming Nottingham, but hope to hear more about the course at Bath too. Would appreciate any opinions and thoughts.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cannon0414)
    Hope to hear some opinions on Bath as well. I've got offers for Nottingham pure econs and for the sandwich course in Bath. I'm almost set on firming Nottingham, but hope to hear more about the course at Bath too. Would appreciate any opinions and thoughts.
    Didn't you have to firm your choices by May or something?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hebbamundo)
    It looks like a nice University, but I think their offer is slightly higher than what other Economics courses of similar prestige require. It's more competitive than I would have thought!

Can anyone offer any insight into the pros and cons of Bath's Economics course?
    Not specifically to do with the course, but it has an amazing campus and very good sports facilities.
    But careers wise they seem to know what they are doing, at least that was the impression I got from the post-app open day. Also the placement year is pretty good.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cannon0414)
    If you don't mind me asking, why are you almost certain on firming Nottingham?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .ACS.)
    If you don't mind me asking, why are you almost certain on firming Nottingham?
    Well I'm an international student, and I feel nottingham has a better international reputation as compared to bath. I've been to talks by the nottingham school of economics and have been very impressed by their course structure and graduate prospects.

I don't know much about bath's course but I'm aware that the work placement year is very beneficial.

Could you provide any advice on these 2 courses?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: July 13, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.