The Student Room Group

I've 'caused' this breakup apparently...Have I?

Ok so my best friend who is studying abroad is dating this girl for about a year now. The thing is, they're both very immature and keep 'dumping' each other and then getting back after a few days, keep having silly fights and yeah basically just extremely immature.
I've never met this girl but since he's my best mate, he introduced us via Skype and we do talk quite a bit, say once a week or so...just normal, regular stuff. However, off-late, she's just been complaining to me about my friend. And it's boring, trivial stuff, stuff like 'oh you know he didn't call me today', 'he didn't come to visit me last weekend', 'he's spending time with his friends when i wanted to spend time with him'. I'm really not interested in these things and plus since he's my friend, it makes it even more awkward and boring for me to hear it.
However, I thought telling her that would be rude since I don't know her too well and she obviously wants to tell it to me. So I told my friend to let her know in a subtle way that it's a bit annoying and awkward for me when she keeps whining about him to me. He, though, went and absolutely blasted her for that, telling her how she's just a complaining girlfriend and asking her why she had to go and bother me with all her ****.
So now, she's annoyed with me. She says, why couldn't you just tell me if you had a problem with me whining to you? I tried to explain the reasons to her but she's still a bit upset and said 'he's dumped me now, thanks a ton'. WTF???
Reply 1
No u haven't caused it and people like that really need to keep their relationships private or atleast speak to close friends instead for advice etc so just stay out of it and stay away from Skype for a while :L
No you didn't cause it... Like you said, they're both immature

Quick Reply