The Student Room Group

mathematics is all memory.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by sputum
OK so I read the OP properly

Why did you restrict your thoughts to mathematics particularly? Because it's the subject you struggled in. Do you think this might colour your thoughts?

Do no work - get low marks
Do a lot of work - get good marks

The rest is in your head.

Just let it go and get on with what you do want to do.

EDIT: one good thing about maths is it shows up how terribly illogical humans are.
i just don't think it's a proper field, and i was wondering why most people do.

if you're good with numbers, study physics or engineering or something. not mathematics. just like if you're good at art, study design or architecture or something. not art history.

apart from perhaps a genuine interest, i don't see why anyone would study mathematics. but this is my opinion.
Reply 61
Original post by punkski
i just don't think it's a proper field, and i was wondering why most people do.

if you're good with numbers, study physics or engineering or something. not mathematics. just like if you're good at art, study design or architecture or something. not art history.

apart from perhaps a genuine interest, i don't see why anyone would study mathematics. but this is my opinion.

I dunno, if you like, uh...the internet, any kind of tech, electricity, having any kind of security of information, pretty much anything, it's pretty important that somebody know how to do maths.

Quick Reply

Latest