The Student Room Group

Whats happened in the last two weeks?

I've been away and we could only find BBC world news on the tv once!

All I know that happened in the last couple of weeks is that the olympic torch came round my parts and Murray is Scottish as he came second in wimbledon to Federer. And I think I heard something about some miners being stuck somewhere underground.

So can someone give a brief overview of the important news form the last couple of weeks please? And nothing from the DM, which seems to be the source for half the threads on here :sigh:

Scroll to see replies

This is the top story, and has everyone practically on edge.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18795123
murray lost to federer, the olympic torch has passed through somewhere and some miners are stuck underground
Reply 3
Spain won the Euros, some poor off-duty police man got shot in Essex, John Terry on trial, missiles on top of buildings lawsuit gets laughed out of court, some rich lady found dead yesterday, something to do with the House of Lords - lots really.
Reply 4
The economy is still in the ****, bankers are still greedy, the Olympic torch relay is still boring, Tom Cruise is still weird, it's still raining, MPs are still useless, Syria is still war-torn, the Eurozone is still in crisis, Louise Mensch is still annoying, and I still haven't got a girlfriend.
Reply 5
Original post by geetar
The economy is still in the ****, bankers are still greedy, the Olympic torch relay is still boring, Tom Cruise is still weird, it's still raining, MPs are still useless, Syria is still war-torn, the Eurozone is still in crisis, Louise Mensch is still annoying, and I still haven't got a girlfriend.

you're so quirky and funny and witty
Reply 6
Original post by Fynch101
you're so quirky and funny and witty

I'll take that minus the sarcasm, so thanks for the compliment.
Reply 7
Villa signed El Ahmadi.
Reply 8
Ta :smile:

thanks ghaglish. I'm not that into footie but I was wondering who won :smile:
Original post by geetar

You've summed it up quite well really. Just another day at the office.
Reply 10
Original post by CJM13
This is the top story, and has everyone practically on edge.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18795123

"Some viewers (yours truly included) spend precious free time trolling the interwebs for hilarious 30-second clips of feline tomfoolery."

This guy is an idiot who doesn't know what trolling is.
Original post by tehforum
"Some viewers (yours truly included) spend precious free time trolling the interwebs for hilarious 30-second clips of feline tomfoolery."

This guy is an idiot who doesn't know what trolling is.

Does he mean trawling? You are right though, the BBC generally thinks that trolling is just bullying.
Reply 12
Original post by geetar

You won't find a girl in TSR. :tongue: Turn off the PC and go out.
Reply 13
Original post by CJM13
Does he mean trawling? You are right though, the BBC generally thinks that trolling is just bullying.

The organiser Katie Czarniecki Hill said it.
Reply 14
Original post by Juichiro
You won't find a girl in TSR. :tongue: Turn off the PC and go out.

You mean...outside?!

"Natural light! Get if off me!"
Reply 15
How come no one has mentioned the discovery of the higgs boson.
Original post by lbsf1

Dude, come on, we can figure out the mysteries of the Universe later, but right now there are cat videos to be watched.
Original post by lbsf1

Probably because it's difficult to get excited the vast majority of people (such as me) don't really understand.
Original post by CJM13
Probably because it's difficult to get excited the vast majority of people (such as me) don't really understand.

Short explanation, the discovery provides strong evidence for one of the main theories on how mass came to exist in the universe, providing an insight into how the universe began. This has made a lot of physicists very happy while the Chemists and Biologists sat around developing new cancer treatments and wondering why the essentially useless science gets all the government funding.
Cameron and Mrs Cameron left their 8 year old daughter in a pub by mistake

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending