Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in for personalised advice on applying to uni New here? Join for free to post

Can I ask for some quick Uni advice?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I really need some help/advice! Can anyone help me out?

Im a Canadian student and I've accepted King's College London as my firm and Kingston as my insurance choice. However, I didn't meet my exact conditions for my offer at King's, so I have to wait until after August 16th, when A-level scores come in, to see if they can guarantee my spot (I've already spoken to KCL about this) but I'm afraid that's too late. However, I am guaranteed a spot at Kingston. I would wait to hear from KCL, but my advisor said they'll take about a week after results come out, and it's up to me if I want to wait. But I have visa, loan, and accomodation applications to get through.

Should I wait?
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nandi361)
    Hey, I really need some help/advice! Can anyone help me out?

Im a Canadian student and I've accepted King's College London as my firm and Kingston as my insurance choice. However, I didn't meet my exact conditions for my offer at King's, so I have to wait until after August 16th, when A-level scores come in, to see if they can guarantee my spot (I've already spoken to KCL about this) but I'm afraid that's too late. However, I am guaranteed a spot at Kingston. I would wait to hear from KCL, but my advisor said they'll take about a week after results come out, and it's up to me if I want to wait. But I have visa, loan, and accomodation applications to get through.

Should I wait?
    I think KCL will have probably made a decision by results day, but that's not much help as an answer. I think you will get a more useful response if you post in the International Lounge forum, since there will be more people who've been through the visa application stuff reading it on there.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 12, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.