Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When will courses start for 2012 undergraduate applicants for King's?

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've booked a ticket to fly abroad and see family that I haven't seen in 5 years. The cheapest ticket I could find had a returns date on the 10th of September, which was the one I booked. However, I'm not sure if this was a risky decision or not as I'm worried that university will start earlier than that. Can anyone confirm when courses start at King's College London for Mathematics and Physics students? Also, if it does start earlier than the 10th, is there any way I could register at a later date for King's, etc.? What about when I receive my grades?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my SK17i
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I remember that different departments used to put up their own calendars of term and important dates...can't seem to find them anymore on the website, but they do seem to have a general one for the whole university. It looks like registration should be starting the week after you get back...not sure what date specifically you'd have to go in.

2012-13
    Registration for first-year students
    17 September – 21 September

24 September to 14 December 2012
    7 January to 29 March 2013
    29 April to 7 June 2013
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ktr)
    I remember that different departments used to put up their own calendars of term and important dates...can't seem to find them anymore on the website, but they do seem to have a general one for the whole university. It looks like registration should be starting the week after you get back...not sure what date specifically you'd have to go in.

2012-13
    Registration for first-year students
    17 September – 21 September

24 September to 14 December 2012
    7 January to 29 March 2013
    29 April to 7 June 2013
    Excellent. Thank you SO much for this! I imagine perhaps registration week starts first for all of the first years to come register, and then maybe the starting date of courses are dependant on department? Not sure, but your reply has really put my mind at ease. Thank you. Xx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If I remember correctly different groups are assigned times to come in to register (based on course and surname?) during that first period indicated. There'll be lots of induction things going on the first week, which your department will send you a schedule for. But pretty sure that none of it should be occurring before registration begins.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Induction will be around the 17th or so.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a similar problem, I am going away from 22nd-29th September. Will I miss Freshers? Also, does this mean I will not get my student finance?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janet827)
    I have a similar problem, I am going away from 22nd-29th September. Will I miss Freshers? Also, does this mean I will not get my student finance?
    Are you entering uni for the first year? or a returning undergrad?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Induction will be around the 17th or so.
    Hey! Didn't know you were at KCL!
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dunnicare)
    Hey! Didn't know you were at KCL!
    :ninja: I am.

:p:
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why won't you get your student finance? You'll probably miss freshers though.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Just to confirm, our enrolment/Freshers' week takes place from 17-21 September and classes start on Monday 24 September.

Also, if you haven't already joined, visit our Facebook Freshers' page, where you can hear lots more about what's coming up during Freshers' week, ask us questions and connect with other applicants who might end up being on the same course as you! http://www.facebook.com/kingscollegelondonfreshers

Fran from King's College London
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im a first year undergrad, looks like I will miss first week of classes :/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King’s College London)
    Hi all,

Just to confirm, our enrolment/Freshers' week takes place from 17-21 September and classes start on Monday 24 September.

Also, if you haven't already joined, visit our Facebook Freshers' page, where you can hear lots more about what's coming up during Freshers' week, ask us questions and connect with other applicants who might end up being on the same course as you! http://www.facebook.com/kingscollegelondonfreshers

Fran from King's College London

Just to double check, does "Confirmation" on the MyApplication portal mean that we are accepted? And also, how long will it take for our CAS number and track to update so we can apply for visas (as International students)?

Thanks!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure that student finance need to receive confirmation that you have enrolled at King's before they give you any money. Enrollment takes place during freshers' week so if you are not there during that time then funding will be delayed. If you are going away on the 22nd - being at the end of freshers' week - then you should be ok when it comes to enrollment. You will miss the first week of teaching though - not something I would recommend!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Would we be able to move in at our KCL acommodation on the 15th-16th of September (just before registration week starts)?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by may42)
    Would we be able to move in at our KCL acommodation on the 15th-16th of September (just before registration week starts)?
    Yeah that's when you can begin to move in. You can move in earlier but you have to discuss it with the residence office at your hall. The accommodation office says: "Please try to arrive at the Residence between 10am and 5pm on Saturday 15 September 2012". For intercollegiates it is usually the day after, so the 16th.

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/pg/accom/...et-2012-13.pdf

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: July 23, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.