Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

JennaMarbles on $709k per year?

Announcements Posted on
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I haven't watched many of her videos, but the one's I've watched it's just her light-hearted rants about things she notices in life. Like the video "how to trick people into thinking your good-looking", which was quite funny and true.

But according to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeuhFnuFmlM she makes $709k per year. Can't be bothered looking up the £ equivalent but that's big money, lol. Could it be true?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good for her! She's funny and seems genuine.
    Clearly she has it sussed!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Have you watched her vlogs or her boyfriend's vlogs? Their house is insane. I'm not surprised she's earning that much.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgia)
    Have you watched her vlogs or her boyfriend's vlogs? Their house is insane. I'm not surprised she's earning that much.
    Someone's a stalker... haha I watch them too. Her house looks really nice but I think she deserves that kind of money cos of the amount of views she gets and her videos are pretty funny. On the other hand arent houses in America cheaper than in England?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I watch her videos and i think that's insane. She's really funny and seems lovely, but that much !!! mad, but good for her.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    great for her, she seems genuine... especially as it's way harder to be a sucessful FEMALE youtuber!
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    She gets crazy amounts of views and well...the Pays-per-click add up so yeah. It's a lot of money but its to be expected with that many views.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love Jenna Marbles! She seems like a genuine, friendly, funny girl. Got a bit of a girl crush going on.
    Fair play to her, if I could make that much money putting videos on youtube I totally would!
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    great for her, she seems genuine... especially as it's way harder to be a sucessful FEMALE youtuber!
    :lolwut: It really isn't. All you need is a push up bra and/or a low cut top. Just sayin'. I'd argue that it requires far more merit and skill to be a male YouTuber.

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Her videos rake up more than 1 million views, so she must be cashing it in loads. Good on her, I find her hilarious.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ray WilliamJohnson earns over £1 million dollars but he is has the most subsrcirbers and is arguabely the biggest person on youtube.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    Really? I always thought girls earned more cos there seems to be sooo many female beauty channels,
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)
    :lolwut: It really isn't. All you need is a push up bra and/or a low cut top. Just sayin'. I'd argue that it requires far more merit and skill to be a male YouTuber.
    I agree in some ways, but them some of these average looking guys get so many young girls watching their videos. Jenna Marbles does deserve merit on her skills as a youtuber though I believe.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Diuude. That is a bitty bit sexist. But if you're just sayin..

Whatever.. I'd like to think that it's more equal opportunity out there...then again it depends how you define success. The booby women don't have the same success as, say, Hannah Hart or Grace Daily. Actually, now I come think about it, I don't know any guy Youtubers like that...

Did I just contradict everything I wrote? Moussaka
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luxray)
    I agree in some ways, but them some of these average looking guys get so many young girls watching their videos. Jenna Marbles does deserve merit on her skills as a youtuber though I believe.
    Truedat. I think the Vlogbrothers' fanbase is 98% comprised of 15 year old white girls :/
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessaminePoppy)

Whatever.. I'd like to think that it's more equal opportunity out there...then again it depends how you define success. The booby women don't have the same success as, say, Hannah Hart or Grace Daily. Actually, now I come think about it, I don't know any guy Youtubers like that...

It isnt sexist its just the way life is, same as young girls watching the young male youtubers cos they want them as their boyfriend.

My favourite female youtubers are Jenna Marbles and Glozelle
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't call that success as a youtuber... i would call it success at showing off your body...

ALSO there are these boring guy vloggers that are good looking that have massive teen fanbase... occaisionally good stuff but they are popular for their looks.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Really? I always thought girls earned more cos there seems to be sooo many female beauty channels,
    hmm i don't watch them so i don't know, i meant in the vlogging/comedy/entertainment section... all the top youtubers in those genres are guys apart from smaller successful ones..
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessaminePoppy)

It isnt sexist its just the way life is, same as young girls watching the young male youtubers cos they want them as their boyfriend.

My favourite female youtubers are Jenna Marbles and Glozelle
    I'm with Luxray on this one. The opportunity to become a YouTuber is plenty open to women and many have become successful like MisAlissa15 and Tyrannosauruslexxx. It's just that generally speaking, women like to be passive consumers of YouTube as opposed to active creators. It's the same situation in stand up comedy. Whilst there are a modicum of successful female comedians, the lack of balance is down to the fact that female audiences prefer to have male performers rather than form an act themselves. Females have to want to be on YouTube before there can be any successful female YouTubers to speak of.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 14, 2012
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.