Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will my local Waterstones have/help me find this book?

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness in in to the final 16! The group winners battle it out for the overall title! 15-07-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

First of all, I've never set foot inside a Waterstones despite me enjoying the odd book.

Now, I'm going on holiday next Tuesday and want to get this book for the flight. Unfortunately, I don't think it will arrive in time if I order it online. So I'm going to go in to my local Waterstones in Derby tomorrow and see if they have it in. They have it online so they might have it in store, right? Also, will they have it on the system and be able to help me find the location of it in the store?

Sorry if these sound like stupid questions
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Checking online I found out they only have it in stock in Edinburgh in the whole country! But if they go in they said 1 week for my book the other month and it was there withing 4 days so they sometimes come a bit earlier. Just go in and ask would be the best
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matthew_Reece)
    Checking online I found out they only have it in stock in Edinburgh in the whole country! But if they go in they said 1 week for my book the other month and it was there withing 4 days so they sometimes come a bit earlier. Just go in and ask would be the best
    Ah, didn't even see that shop availability thing. Thanks anyway man, I'll go in and ask.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you really want it, you could order it on Amazon. You could opt for free delivery and take a bit of a risk - it might still actually get to you in time - or you could pay for delivery and have it guaranteed to arrive in time, provided it's in stock.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Get it on Amazon with the Amazon Prime free trial? You can just cancel the trial any time upto 30 days anyway without extra charges
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you go to the counter in Waterstones, I think they can type the book name into their computer and find out if they have it and where it would be. But it might be best to call them? Saves you a wasteful trip if they don't have it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does this really warrant a thread?
    Maybe consulting Waterstones would have been the preferable first port of call.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robo donkey)
    Get it on Amazon with the Amazon Prime free trial? You can just cancel the trial any time upto 30 days anyway without extra charges
    This!

The Amazon Prime trial is an absolute godsend. I've bought sooooo many books and a new printer this week - all got here within a day of placing the order, at no extra cost
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecrimsonidol)
    Does this really warrant a thread?
    Maybe consulting Waterstones would have been the preferable first port of call.
    Erm yes. The store is kind of out of my way. I thought if I consulted here first, it might save me a journey.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    As other people have said, phone them! I've done it a few times to save me going down the town.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 12, 2012
New on TSR

Your favourite film of the year?

For you personally what has been the best 2014 movie

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered books, literature & poetry threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.