The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

MMU Good For Law LLB ?

Hello

I just finished doing law foundation year at MMU.However, I am not sure if i should complete my degree in MMU. Training Contract doesn't matter to me as I am an International student and I wont be working in Uk.i would like to get an advice from people who actually studied law at MMU. teaching quality etc..
Reply 1
anyone ?
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
What are the alternative institutions?
Reply 3
salford and kent
Reply 4
Any1 studying law at Man met ??
Seriously: Avoid at all costs.
Why? Well, as with all institutions you have good staff, average staff and bad staff.

All institutions are only as good as their current staff.

At MMU the trash is in charge and waiting to collect the pension. The average are disilussioned and don't give a sh*t any more and the good have all voted with their feet or, as in one case, committed suicide.

You be the judge.
Oh agreed. Seagreaves and Panter, who seem to run the one-horse show, are a law unto themselves.

The whole place is a rather sad, pitiful and talentless intellectual desert of a place.
I've been a student at MMU Law School for over 6 years now. Never had a problem with the place tbh.
Original post by Jake Heyworth
I've been a student at MMU Law School for over 6 years now. Never had a problem with the place tbh.

Six years! What do you keep failing??
Original post by Anonymous
Six years! What do you keep failing??

Nothing yet.
Nothing yet.

Well that's good. But six years!! Have they loçked you in the basement?
Nothing yet.

Anyway,... Back to the point.

Man. Met. Law School now have a new man in charge. He it is who has to round up the chickens. I write this because all the law teaching staff are the equivalent of maiden aunts men who make maiden aunts look butch.

He does have his work cut out. Particularly as morale is lower than a snakes vigazle, even prior to C19. The game of "which member of staff will be next to commit suicide?" had long lost its appeal.

The fact is that the Law School at Man. Met. is an appalling snake pit of mental health issues, *****y hissy-fits and a dramatic lack of any form of talent, be it in teaching, administration or research. Doubt this? Just look at the turnaround in staff.

Potential students: Look elsewhere and do yourselves a favour.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending