The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Qmul accomodation!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by MrFlash1994
It seems like all the unis are trying harder to keep AAB + students because of the new system, and also someone mentioned that because QM is in the Russel Group now, it helped our situation. And ofc our applications were probably very strong in the first place :biggrin: I got AAAB last year.

Yeah, apparently the national average for people achieving A* and A's has lowered so i guess universitys with high entry requirements had to be alot more lenient, luckily for us they definitely were! :biggrin:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
I've only just got my offer from QM (do to a cock up from OCR by loosing my paper) so no longer have my accommodation in halls, can anyone help who is looking for a roommate or can send me to some halls/flats that are OTT, Im a first year female studying politics x
Reply 82
Original post by Victoriiia:)
I've only just got my offer from QM (do to a cock up from OCR by loosing my paper) so no longer have my accommodation in halls, can anyone help who is looking for a roommate or can send me to some halls/flats that are OTT, Im a first year female studying politics x

Go on facebook :smile:. You can check this groups :

http://www.facebook.com/groups/121491351282473/

http://www.facebook.com/groups/219828694801067/

http://www.facebook.com/groups/qmulfreshers2012/
Reply 83
Original post by charliekills
I just gained a place at Queen Mary a few days ago via adjustment but there's no rooms left in halls :frown: I'm from Manchester so I can't commute. If anyone knows someone looking for someone to rent a room then please direct message me.

I got a place through adjustment on the 20th August and they said they can provide me with accommodation. I just accepted an offer for accommodation in halls today too. They had places reserved and when I got a phone call confirming the adjustment place I raised the issue about accommodation and it was only once I mentioned it that I was told they can give me a place in halls.

I'm not sure if its specific to the different schools, mine was the school of engineering and computer science. Might be worth giving your schools undergraduate officer a phone call and ask if they have any spaces for adjusters. Hope this has helps somewhat :smile:
Reply 84
Original post by Miley_Nguyen
Hi,

Does anyone know if Mile End / En-Suite Standard (£140 upwards) and Mile End / En-suite Premium (£145 upwards) are available for singel sex option ???????

Single sex rooms share bathrooms, so no.
Reply 85
Original post by laurafairburn
Hahaha you're right!! Now I see why we have to pay so much for France House, it has wardrobes which you can only see via a reflection and cannot be seen by the naked eye.

:biggrin:

But seriously though I am little freaked out by that!

Are you serious? The wardrobe in the reflection so obviously just out of line of sight of the camera. I'll bet you anything the wardrobe is fitted into the wall round that corner, do you really think the bathroom takes up that whole space where the wall is??
Reply 86
Probably a bit late to share this, but I actually missed my first offer because I was away when I got the email and I only had like 9 days to accept it, so I missed my Pooley House offer. I re-applied and got France House and I'm moving in on Saturday.

I don't understand why we need our own cooking utensils. Seems a bit stupid because if everyone brings them we're gonna have 5 spatulas etc..
Original post by MG5
Are you serious? The wardrobe in the reflection so obviously just out of line of sight of the camera. I'll bet you anything the wardrobe is fitted into the wall round that corner, do you really think the bathroom takes up that whole space where the wall is??

Chill out it's called sarcasm.
Reply 88
Original post by MG5
Probably a bit late to share this, but I actually missed my first offer because I was away when I got the email and I only had like 9 days to accept it, so I missed my Pooley House offer. I re-applied and got France House and I'm moving in on Saturday.

I don't understand why we need our own cooking utensils. Seems a bit stupid because if everyone brings them we're gonna have 5 spatulas etc..

Cos people aren't going to share, they'll be issues
Anyone else for Lynden house yet?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Hi,

Anyone want to go shopping for he new flat this afternoon ?
Reply 91
I've put qmul down as my insurance, but will probably end up there. Since you can't apply for accommodation unless it's your firm choice, does anyone know if they let you after results? No idea what I'm doing :confused:
Reply 92
Original post by mill8201
I've put qmul down as my insurance, but will probably end up there. Since you can't apply for accommodation unless it's your firm choice, does anyone know if they let you after results? No idea what I'm doing :confused:

You can apply on or after results day for QMU accommodation (if you get in) however you would be put on a waiting list as most accommodation would be booked out by then. In advance I would advice looking at alternative accommodation.
This link should help :smile:
http://www.residences.qmul.ac.uk/alternative/index.html

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending