Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My boyfriend has got into drugs.. Do I stay in this relationship?

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethany-x-)
    I said to him that I've already told him I don't feel comfortable with him doing drugs, and he said that he let me go to Ibiza ''selfishly'' without considering him, so I should let him do what he wants and do drugs every now and then....
    You are not your boyfriend's possession and he has no say over what you do, so how dare he say he 'let' you go to Ibiza and imply that had he not wanted you to go he would have stopped you? But then again you could turn that one on its head and say that you have no right to stop him taking drugs. Considering the situation, I'd say that there's little you can do here. It sounds to me like maybe he's never felt this level of 'social acceptance' before and so is doing these drugs out of fear of losing these mates of his. People laugh when they hear the term 'peer pressure' and think they're too old or self-assured for that, but you'd be surprised at how powerful and subtle it can be. You've told him what you think, and I understand that you care hugely about him, but at the end of the day he makes his decisions and if he continues to take drugs then so be it and you're going to have to decide whether you want to have a boyfriend who uses drugs or would rather be single or with someone else.

MDMA isn't addictive. It isn't damaging. It has a lower hard index than paracetamol, and is certainly less risky than drinking for a multitude of reasons.

Granted, if he thinks he can't have a good night without it, then that's one thing, but I think you're being a bit overzealous about it.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 13, 2012
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.