Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

FY1 Eligibility Form

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

I just wanted some advice on the FY1 eligibility form which is due in between July 16th - August 17th 2012.

I have just graduated from a Polish medical school (born & raised in the UK.) Sent off for provisional registration a few days ago, just got my diploma etc.

As a polish graduate we have not done an internship.

I am concerned about this form. What should I look out for? What are they trying to assess? Do many people get looked at as being ineligible?

Is there anything in particular I should make sure I have done? Cannot afford to be deemed ineligible!

Also, did anyone in my situation send off the "Diploma Supplement" too?

Any information on the process and specifics on this form would be great!

Thanks

J
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johan.md)
    Hey guys!

I just wanted some advice on the FY1 eligibility form which is due in between July 16th - August 17th 2012.

I have just graduated from a Polish medical school (born & raised in the UK.) Sent off for provisional registration a few days ago, just got my diploma etc.

As a polish graduate we have not done an internship.

I am concerned about this form. What should I look out for? What are they trying to assess? Do many people get looked at as being ineligible?

Is there anything in particular I should make sure I have done? Cannot afford to be deemed ineligible!

Also, did anyone in my situation send off the "Diploma Supplement" too?

Any information on the process and specifics on this form would be great!

Thanks

J
    Hi Johan! I'm in the same sort of situation as you - I've just graduated from a Portuguese medical school (though I'm an EEA citizen). I haven't done an internship either - you're not supposed to when applying for FY1! Hence you tick section B (I think it's B) which says you haven't completed an internship - if you had, you wouldn't be eligible for provisional registration ie. wouldn't be eligible for FY1. Does that make sense?

What do you mean by "diploma supplement"?

And not being very knowledgeful on this matter myself, I don't think many candidates from UK/EEA citizens from EEA medical schools get turned down, because so as long as you send off everything they ask in the eligibility form, I don't think they'd really have a reason to say no...

xx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I have done as you have said.

When I got my diploma - I got an additional set of papers with my grades etc etc like a transcript but its called a diploma supplement.

Wonder if its just a Polish thing?

I have not got provisional reg from the GMC as yet, have you? I ticked the box saying I will supply it by 16th Jan.

Do we need to sen of any other proof showing that we don't have to take plab?!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    *lol* Please don't take my word as a expert on the subject, I just said what I think is the correct way to do it...hopefully I won't get it wrong though!

Ah yeah I know what you mean! A transcript of all your grades is required for the UKFPO application form, if it's not in English already a translation must be provided (same for anything else that isn't in English). I'm getting all that paperwork stuff from my school next week hopefully (I had to submit a special requirement as usually they don't issue it until September(!) but my Dean gave me a special permit to get them beforehand)

I haven't enrolled for provisional reg with the GMC yet as that's not really urgent right now, though I'll probably do that in the next couple of weeks.

I emailed the UKFPO asking about the PLAB thing as they didn't specify what sort of "evidence" did they want to prove we're not required to take PLAB and they replied with: "Please tick the relevant box on your eligibility application form and provide proof of your nationality (passport) and proof of your country of study (medical degree certificate). There is no additional document to submit."

Hope that helped?

xx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi Johan,

I am in a similar situation, i am an EEA national, grew up in the UK, just graduated from Ukraine, also appying for FY1. I too have a degree supplement, i think this is the transcript as it clearly shows all the subjects studied from year 1 to 6 in my case.
    I had a question, are you sitting the IELTS ???
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think one's required to sit the IELTS exam if your PMQ (including lectures, exams and a significant amount of patient contact) hasn't been undertaken solely in English - regardless of nationality. If that's the case, you'll need to have a valid IELTS results sheet by the time you post them your application pack as they also require a photocopy of the IELTS certificate.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 30, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.