Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Xbox to PC

Announcements Posted on
Cast your vote for the Game of the Year awards! 20-11-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I've decided I want to record some of my gameplay on the xbox 360, and so am looking for a cheap way of playing streaming the xbox output onto my laptop. Amazon was no help to me at all, so can someone please link me to a cheap, low quality capture card which I could use to get the gameplay onto my laptop (I already have screen recording software).

Thanks in advance
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately there is no cheap way to do this well. You really want to save up for a decent hdpvr and record it using that.

If you cheap out the recording will be all choppy and unwatchable.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Get an easycap from ebay for about £7, it will only be standard definition, but it won't be choppy or unwatchable like claimed above, it won't be great, but short of a HD PVR (for about £100), it's about the only option, you don't use screen capture software either as that will be bad quality.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theronkinator)
    Get an easycap from ebay for about £7, it will only be standard definition, but it won't be choppy or unwatchable like claimed above, it won't be great, but short of a HD PVR (for about £100), it's about the only option, you don't use screen capture software either as that will be bad quality.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...A1CWQNS28ZY7HR

Will that do? I'm a bit put off by the negative reviews, but maybe they just didn't know how to use it?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KnapAttackUK)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...A1CWQNS28ZY7HR

Will that do? I'm a bit put off by the negative reviews, but maybe they just didn't know how to use it?
    I believe "Easy CAP" is the old brand name that got overtaken by shoddy knock-offs - the 'real' products are now under the "EZCap" brand, e.g.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ls_o00_s00_i00 (you can tell because they're more expensive)

I bought that in the Easter hols, and have been using it to play my PS3 through my laptop, without needing a television. It works fine, but doesn't support 16:9 resolution properly (not sure whether the device or the software is at fault), or HD at all.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    There is a cheap way, and it was advised just above, that is definately the best one to start off with.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's SD, they're all about as crap as each other, just get the cheapest if it doesn't work well then get saving for a HD version and you've only lost £5-10.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 15, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.