The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 1
Hey there! I live at Bulmershe (im typing this from my gorgeous en suite sucks to be you if you dont live in Grey room). I'm a first year , soon to be second year so im moving out.
On Bulmershe we have our JCR which is cool in its own very dull way , good to pop in for a drink after work and they do tonnes of stuff in Freshers week. We have the Breeze bar which is open on friday nights and its a very cheesy giggle and drinks are cheap when you cant be arsed to go to town.
Getting to the main union on whiteknights is easy as , cos you just get the safety bus or walk (not far at all). Living on Bulmershe you get to join in with everything you would on whiteknights and i dont think we miss out at all.
You could just stay on Bulmershe tho , cos its mainly accomodation you end up knowing alot of people so its well cool.
When i move to my house i will remember Bulmershe fondly. x
Any other questions? What course you on? Im studying social work so it makes sense for me to be on bulmershe (i roll out of bed and into my very few lectures).
Lizzy x
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
hey ive been putting off sending my reading accomadation form for weeks, iv'e narrowed it down to st pats & bulmershure

was just wondering if many first years stayed over the extra 8weeks you get at self catered halls?
and does the food suck if you are a vegietarian in the catered halls?

oh yeah & im not especially pushed on having en suite, do you know people who stay in the rooms without ensuite in bulmershure?

thanx
Reply 3
Im on Bulmershe, and it is great, no matter what some haters say. The JCR is great for going down for a couple of pints every night, and then Breeze can be a laugh if you are into cheesy music... :biggrin:. To get into town it is about 15 mins on the bus, so no problems at all, and there is an iceland and Waitrose 15 minutes walk away.

Ive had a great time there, got another term and then I am moving into a house with a few mates form the flat opposite me, with some more good mates just down the road. Should be great fun!

Also, to the post above, you do NOT want to live in the non en-suite rooms on Bulmershe. Those flats are in Blagrave and Blackstone (two of the houses on Bulmershe) and they are absolutely nasty, although they have some great parties :biggrin:
Reply 4
Blackstone is party central! the parties there are amazing. I live in Bridges but go down to Bulmershe sometimes because I have a mate there - there was a massive chocolate party, and also an insane drum n bass in blackstone! Bulmershe is great especially Breeze bar on a Friday, cheesey but a lot of fun. The only complaints i've heard was that the safety bus is unpredictable, and walkin to whiteknights is a bit of a stomp, for lectures and the union.
Reply 5
It sounds pretty cool! Reading does look amazing, everything about it. I'm gonna be (if i go) doing a primary education course.

Latest

Trending

Trending