Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are/have been the worst trends...

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    ...as we approach mid 2012. What are the potential nominations for the worst popular trends of the year? Mens and womens fashion
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Probably the top-button Topman shirt brigade, along with skinny chinos turned up at the bottom and toms/similar deck shoes. It's not a bad look as such, just that every single guy seems to be wearing it. I was sitting in the square the other day and three guys walked across together all wearing similar/identical shirts (even the same checks and colours), all with the top button done up, all with similar coloured chinos. Can't they see that they look ridiculous all wearing exactly the same thing?

There's nothing that especially irritates me with women's fashion that I can recall, although I'm sure somebody will bring something up that I've forgotten. 'Fashion' in general irritates me
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Geek Glasses.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    girls wearing buns on top of their heads like this - which is pretty new to where I live and looks really odd to me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stupid bun.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	9.8 KB 
ID:	162735
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Butt cheeks hanging loose being the new cleavage.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Arse flashing shorts :yucky:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Chinos and boat shoes. More generally just everything topman sell.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Brothel creepers. Hipster glasses. Espadrilles.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Aztec and vertical stripes. (especially on leggings)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Coloured jeans/chinos. They look stupid.
    • 42 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have mentioned this before but I seriously detest the beige/mustardy coloured chinos and white top look. Honestly the guys who wear them look like walking cigarettes! :facepalm:

I also hated the The Deep Neck T Shirt as it is called or this:

Name:	The-Deep-Neck-T-Shirt.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	4.8 KB 
ID:	162736

The guys who sport it think they look all hard and tough and sexy. Eh no! Anything but that! Skanky if you will... :banghead:

Spider lashes! This is a trend which I am seeing too much of. These long and clumpy lashes definitely have the ability to knock someone over. Absolutely vile! :mad:

Sadly these are just a few.....The faith I have in humanity dying...pretty quickly! :rip:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fake tan, don't know if it's just me but skin that looks like a brown crush dyed shirt is inexplicably disgusting and generally awful.
    • 42 followers

ReputationRep:
    Leggings without long/ oversized tops.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Uggs. Dear god Uggs.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Dark Lord)
    Uggs. Dear god Uggs.
    Especially guys in Uggs.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The chinos, knitted jumpers, aztec prints, backpacks, vans, jordans - the whole "tumblr" look. Only because everyone completely rinsed that look out ¬¬
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chicforever_)
    The chinos, knitted jumpers, aztec prints, backpacks, vans, jordans - the whole "tumblr" look. Only because everyone completely rinsed that look out ¬¬
    You say that like 90% of Tumblr isn't socially retarded people who barely make it out of their room, let alone spend money on fashion. There are precious few of the Tumblr-elite, the Tumblr famous.

That said, I do love my Vans. They're a legitimate form of footwear that has been around for decades. I hear you on the Topshop/man look in general though.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuffles)
    You say that like 90% of Tumblr isn't socially retarded people who barely make it out of their room, let alone spend money on fashion. There are precious few of the Tumblr-elite, the Tumblr famous.

That said, I do love my Vans. They're a legitimate form of footwear that has been around for decades. I hear you on the Topshop/man look in general though.
    Lol true, I'm not slating vans, I love vans myself it's just annoying when you see everyone pairing the same footwear/clothing to fit in & stuff
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I like cream chinos. What I think does look stupid are the bright blue and red ones.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Neuro-)
    I also hated the The Deep Neck T Shirt as it is called or this:

Name:	The-Deep-Neck-T-Shirt.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	4.8 KB 
ID:	162736

The guys who sport it think they look all hard and tough and sexy. Eh no! Anything but that! Skanky if you will... :banghead:
    Hahaha tons of guys rocking that look in Leeds. Going raving thinking they're 'LAD'. No dude you look pretty gay.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 15, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.