Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does the weather in England depress you.......?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like the rain
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReeceJ)
    No! It's the best!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    I second this!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What I love about this country is that if you don't like the weather you just have to wait 5 minutes.

But seriously I don't mind the weather. Rain is nice to think in and the sun is good to lay in.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    You think the weather in England is depressing, come to Scotland.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Weather right now is slightly depressing - never know what to wear, it's cold, its dark, its cloudy, and its flippin July! Stopping me from going out for walks cus i know that if i go out i will be wet and cold and my shoes will get saturated with mud!
    Instead i am thinking the reasons behind why the weather is so naff again this summer. I reckon its down to global warming, increasing the rate of evaporation from the oceans and increasing the amount of cloud cover, meaning more rain and less sunshine! More like global cooling right now! Another ice age? lol sorry about the rant :P
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Meh. The last month and a half have taken as a whole been about as bad as the weather can get at this time of year, and most days have still been pleasently warm by mid-day with at least a couple of hours of sunshine. I've absolutely nothing to complain about.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    No but sun and heat definitely do!
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, unpredictability of weather patterns make planning what to wear utterly eclectic and blow any sense of planning a day out the window as the weather won't allow it. Otherwise, its what us Brits use to bond in our mutual complaining about said weather conditions.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sure does...

Although, the swimming pool that was in our living room and kitchen a couple of weeks ago was alright! Apart from the smell, like...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renacata)
    It's not the weather, it's all the things the weather's stopping us doing... I'm spending next week with friends near the coast - I want to go to the beach and have picnics and be outside! Without having to wear my hideous (but effective) raincoat...
    haha, yeh right. You go to the beach for sun, not pouring rain and rain macs....terrible
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilem)
    No but sun and heat definitely do!
    lol, sun depresses you? Not sure that is even scienttifically possible, the sun by nature increases endorphins
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chucklefiend)
    I'm not talking about the temperature, I'm talking about the humidity.

Looks like we'll just have to agree to disagree.
    haha, you think its humid in the south east? Try somewhere like Sri Lanka, this is barely humid at all
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    At the moment yeah :sigh:

Where the **** is all this rain coming from?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    It was sunny for 2 days straight in my area too bad it's raining again
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, mild climate is perfect for me. I really hate hot weather as i don't enjoy sweating and i think there's something unusual about my internal thermostat, so heat= feeling very uncomfortable and generally annoyed. I also enjoy the rain.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If the weather was good , what would we have to complain about? and what would be the topic of awkward small talk ?
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    Scottish weather sucks too. It's not even proper rain half the time! Drizzle drizzle drizzle drizzle drizzle drizzle. And it's grey. Always, always grey. Which, in a city full of granite, means I'm not sure if I can even see in colour anymore.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding the weather a little depressing, summer seems to be somewhat of a joke over hear but then again I did move to Scotland so I should have been expecting this.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    As others have said i can live with it pissing it down solidly for days on end its annoying but doesnt affect me much but this bloody bi-polar weather with it being 25 degrees then rain then hot then rain then blowing a gain then bloody hail it makes it a serious pain to dress for -_-
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just wish I can see some sun for the odd days rather then clouds and/or rain.

10 years ago, summer would start May/April time. I remember sitting in shorts and t-shirt in the garden over the Easter week. Even if June and July was wet, we still had a summer. And years before that, heat waves while at school.

We're getting more Indian summers in September which I do like, as it's usually cooler then a normal hot summer.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 14, 2012
New on TSR

Naughtiest thing you did at school

Did you get away with it or were you punished?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.