The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Not as much as I should. I need to start doing some serious work though now if I have a chance of doing well on the further pure modules. Started revising FP1 and FP2 though. Just FP3 to finish off now and then I'll be past-papering them til I'm talking about matrices and complex numbers in my sleep.....well....maybe not quite that much....but yeah y'know what I mean lol.
Reply 2
About how many hours do you spend on it?
Reply 3
I spend about an hour a day on maths. Or used to, anyway.
Reply 4
I've sadly done one piece of homework this year for further maths, but am struggling for it, and once coursework is done will hopefully get back into it. Last year when I did work, I would spend about 3 hours a week maybe.
Reply 5
Simply not enough. Oops.
Reply 6
well I haven't actually done any of the homeworks set for f.maths, and I only have 1 lesson per week. so really I need to start doing some work else i might just end up with a perfect U:biggrin: .
I have to say learning all these new maths topics is pretty confusing, I'm starting getting everything muddled up, just hope next year will be better.
Reply 7
I spend usually 2-3 hours per day doing maths, maybe more. I do every question in the textbooks I'm given, as well as homeworks that my teacher sets me from another textbook. Next year that will step up to 3-4 hours per day at least I'd say, since then I will actually be timetabled for maths/further maths A-levels, and won't simply be self-studying them.
Reply 8
Simba
I spend usually 2-3 hours per day doing maths, maybe more. I do every question in the textbooks I'm given, as well as homeworks that my teacher sets me from another textbook. Next year that will step up to 3-4 hours per day at least I'd say, since then I will actually be timetabled for maths/further maths A-levels, and won't simply be self-studying them.

Hehe, now there is someone passionate about their subject!

I only really spend 2-3 hours per week outside of lessons doing maths, I feel that you can master topics from practise in class so little revision/outside work is needed for exams.
not enough :eek: about an hour or two a week :redface:
Reply 10
Our teachers "force" us to do spend loads of time on homeworks. We have tests taken from the old papers once per week per branch, and we have 2 of P1-4 papers, an old M2 paper and an old S2 paper each week for prep. So I'm "forced" to spend at least 3-4 hours per week per branch if I'm not to be swallowed by my teachers... But then again I really enjoy it - I was actually once sad enough to do a Hypothesis test on my M&M's, and I found that the probability of picking a blue in this packet exceeded 1/5 at the 5% significance level for a sample of 30... :p:
On Further Maths, about 4 hours a week including mechanics and decision mathematics. Then there is maths that I find online that I randomly do when I feel like it....and then there is STEP :p:
Reply 12
Sod all really. I've just made notes on S1, S2 and D1 outside of lessons this year. No homeworks whatsoever. I am starting to think revision begins soon to get me the uni place I want.
Reply 13
I'm a bit mad - I'm self-studying further maths, although I want to take Japanese as a degree...just because maths is fun! :p: I normally spend 1-2 hours on top of the normal time I spend on the maths A2.
I'm doing AS+A2 Maths and Futher Maths in a year. I'm supposed to have 5 hours of 'Normal' Maths in which we do C1-C4, M1 and S1, but I made a deal with the teachers that I don't go to C1-C3 classes, so I have 2.5 hours a week and the rest I have free periods during which I usually do some Further Maths. And then 2 hours a week for Further Maths in which we cover FP1-FP3 and then I'm self-teaching M2, M3, M4 and D1 in my own time.

Outside class, I do spend loads of time doing Maths - probably 3 or 4 hours a day.

Latest