The Student Room Group

Adjustment 2012 - Everything you need to know

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Craghyrax
Its annoying when things move slowly and you need to sort out your future :smile:
It will progress eventually though. Good luck!

It is, especially when time is of the essence. And thank you :smile:
Reply 21
I am in extra and have exceeded the conditions of my CF, does that mean i am eligible for adjustment?

If i am, how do i use adjustment? On the ucas website it says there will be a link on the 'choices' page...if it does not appear does that mean i am not eligible or does the link become available after a certain time?

Thanks
Reply 22
Original post by Elle_6
I am in extra and have exceeded the conditions of my CF, does that mean i am eligible for adjustment?

If i am, how do i use adjustment? On the ucas website it says there will be a link on the 'choices' page...if it does not appear does that mean i am not eligible or does the link become available after a certain time?

Thanks

If you have met and exceeded all parts of your offer then you will be eligible for adjustment. For more info, check out this thread.

There is no central adjustment list on the UCAS website, but TSR are developing one here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Universities_offering_places_through_adjustment
Original post by Elle_6

Thanks

Have you looked at the Choices page to see if the option is there?
Original post by Potally_Tissed
You can register for Adjustment even if you haven't exceeded the conditions of your offer and therefore aren't eligible. Anyone who gets into their firm can register, but you'll have to prove to the unis you talk to in Adjustment that you are eligible.

Oh okay, that makes sense :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by F1 fanatic
No harm in starting ringing now, the worst they can say is that you need to call back later but at least you will find out whether they would consider places via adjustment.

No, if you formally agree to the offer then you lose the firm. You may be able to talk to them and ask if they would make you an offer, but if you're not prepared to commit to it at that point you need to ask if they'll hold it for you and for how long. There is no guarantee that they will.

Oh ok thanks :smile: So to allow them to see my application, I give them my ucas id right? And to accept it, I give them my clearing number too?

So as long as I dont give them my clearing number, theres no way I can make a mistake or lose my firm :tongue:
Original post by Elle_6

Thanks

The button appears for everyone who have had their firm choice update to unconditional, so it should appear once that happens. It will appear for everyone even if you're not eligible so you need to determine yourself if you have met and exceeded your firm choice offer.
Original post by Waqar.
Oh ok thanks :smile: So to allow them to see my application, I give them my ucas id right? And to accept it, I give them my clearing number too?

So as long as I dont give them my clearing number, theres no way I can make a mistake or lose my firm :tongue:

If you are in Clearing and have a Clearing number then you are not eligible for adjustment. You can only use adjustment if you exceed your firm choice offer, but to be in Clearing you must hold no offers/places.
Reply 28
If you are in Clearing and have a Clearing number then you are not eligible for adjustment. You can only use adjustment if you exceed your firm choice offer, but to be in Clearing you must hold no offers/places.

I'm going through adjustment, but i thought you get a clearing number (or some kind of number) as well once you've registered for adjustment? I'm definitely eligible for adjustment as i've surpassed my firm offer.
Reply 29
help! im in adjustment do i need to wait for a number like when in clearing. I hate my firm if i dont get in im cancelling anyway, sorry to sneak this in a random thead thanks!
Reply 30
The button appears for everyone who have had their firm choice update to unconditional, so it should appear once that happens. It will appear for everyone even if you're not eligible so you need to determine yourself if you have met and exceeded your firm choice offer.

When does it appear as unconditional- does the university i have applied to through extra with whom i have a CF change it?
Original post by O.J.A
help! im in adjustment do i need to wait for a number like when in clearing. I hate my firm if i dont get in im cancelling anyway, sorry to sneak this in a random thead thanks!

Nope, you don't have to wait. Have you clicked "Register for Adjustment" on Track? Once it says you're registered for Adjustment you can get on with phoning up unis and asking about spaces :yes:
Reply 32
Original post by O.J.A
No, you just register on your Track and contact universities directly. You'll need to have your UCAS number so that they can call up your record.
Original post by O.J.A

If you've hit the button on track to enter adjustment then you just need to contact prospective unis by phone to find a place.
Reply 34
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Nope, you don't have to wait. Have you clicked "Register for Adjustment" on Track? Once it says you're registered for Adjustment you can get on with phoning up unis and asking about spaces :yes:

Thankyou so so so so so much i want to ring my insurance choice hehe thankyou again! :five:
Reply 35
I need to confirm something about adjustment to stop my mother pestering me to use it when I think it is quite clear that I am not eligible.

I have got a university place (Firm) without meeting the offer (missed by one grade in third subject) and since for the last month or two I have been going off my firm I am likely to turn down my place in order to reapply next year.

My mum keeps telling me to use adjustment because I have 'met my offer as far as they are concerned' seeing as I still got in.

Besides the point, I did not meet or exceed my offer so surely I am not eligible.

Can someone just confirm that I am not eligible please. She forced me to click register so I've sort of done it already... don't know if this will cause any problems or not.

Thanks
Reply 36
Original post by oh_1993
I need to confirm something about adjustment to stop my mother pestering me to use it when I think it is quite clear that I am not eligible.

I have got a university place (Firm) without meeting the offer (missed by one grade in third subject) and since for the last month or two I have been going off my firm I am likely to turn down my place in order to reapply next year.

My mum keeps telling me to use adjustment because I have 'met my offer as far as they are concerned' seeing as I still got in.

Besides the point, I did not meet or exceed my offer so surely I am not eligible.

Can someone just confirm that I am not eligible please. She forced me to click register so I've sort of done it already... don't know if this will cause any problems or not.

Thanks

No, you're not eligible. You need to have exceeded your original offer conditions in order to qualify.
For some reason the option seems to show up by default for everyone who was accepted by their firm choice.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by hobnob
No, you're not eligible. You need to have exceeded your original offer conditions in order to qualify.
For some reason the option seems to show up by default for everyone who was accepted by their firm choice.

Thanks
Reply 38
You are definitely not eligible as you did not exceed your offer.
Original post by Waqar.
I'm going through adjustment, but i thought you get a clearing number (or some kind of number) as well once you've registered for adjustment? I'm definitely eligible for adjustment as i've surpassed my firm offer.

No, there is no number like Clearing they only need your UCAS ID.

Original post by O.J.A

No, so long as you have registered for it then you can start ringing universities

Original post by Elle_6
When does it appear as unconditional- does the university i have applied to through extra with whom i have a CF change it?

If you accept a place via adjustment on the phone then the place you are adjusting to will add themselves to your Track, you don't need to do anything. It will appear on your Track as "Adjustment choice" as a new line with unconditional firm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending