This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

No, it's BS.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 21
Original post by danny111
No, it's BS.

Right, because I am seriously considering switching from econ to eme after first year because I want to get into either a more quants based job or a good master.
Reply 22
Original post by MV=PT
Right, because I am seriously considering switching from econ to eme after first year because I want to get into either a more quants based job or a good master.

EME rocks xD
Reply 23
Original post by danny111
EME rocks xD

Would you say it is a better degree then economics for jobs in consultancy/research or a masters ?

Reply 24
Original post by MV=PT
Would you say it is a better degree then economics for jobs in consultancy/research or a masters ?

Better degree for everything.
Reply 25
Original post by MV=PT

Your chances of getting a good job in an economic consultancy/research without a masters is very low. You need the masters and for admission into a good masters, you'd be marginally better placed with the econometrics degree -- mainly because you get some research experience in your final year.

It really doesn't matter much though. Just get some good grades in whatever course you're on.
My take on supplementary courses from personal experience
http://alambanlives.blogspot.com/2012/08/making-non-sense-of-supplementary.html
Reply 27
Hi,
I have to choose between EC221/EC210 for the second year of Maths & Econ degree. Looking at the results, it seems a higher proportion of people get first/2a in EC221 than in EC210. Also, to do a masters in either finance or economics requires us to choose EC210 or FM212 in third year anyway (If EC221 is chosen in the second year) so I was thinking of doing EC221 for the second year which means that I can wait until third year to decide which masters I would want to do. In addition, since linear regression and hypothesis testing is very useful later on in life, I was thinking of doing EC221 in the second year which would mean that I dont forget ST102 topics. If instead I did it in the third year, I probably would forget most of the detail of ST102 but most students on student room seem to do it in the third year. What do you think I should do? I am planning of doing a masters in economics (depends on my future results) for which I have to do EC221 and EC210 but I am not convinced of choosing EC210 for the second year because on TSR people say its hard to get first/2a and I dont want a unit to be dragging down my hope of getting a first.
Reply 28
Evaluate the courses properly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending