ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninja_pidgeon)
    Haha yeah definitely!! Will you 17 or 18 when you come over btw

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    25 years old is it enough to drink there? XD if so I'm fine
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexipunk)
    Yes I've just received the uncoditional offer the other day how about you?
    First and foremost Congratulation to us all for achieving the unconditional offer.

One box ticked two to go: Student finance(very distressing process) and Accommodation.

Which week are you intending to arrive for university?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexipunk)
    25 years old is it enough to drink there? XD if so I'm fine
    Haha yeah that's definitely old enough to drink lol

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hey Ross, glad to have an opportunity to natter with someone who already lives there.
    d
    How has the weather been like lately, in Glasgow? Heatwave by any chance? lool
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeedanDK)
    Hey Ross, glad to have an opportunity to natter with someone who already lives there.
    d
    How has the weather been like lately, in Glasgow? Heatwave by any chance? lool
    Hey, the complete opposite lol I was considering building an ark at one point because it rained for 11 days solid! The spring was sun non stop then it just suddenly turned anyway, how have you been? Btw where are you coming from?

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Every cloud has a silver lining I guess.

I was planning to built a picnic table. When the day came, in a short space of time, I experienced rain, hail, sun, very sunny, shower rain and thunder (all this in just less than 50 minutes). My eyes got tired.

The weather has jeopardised my project. Luckily, my neighbour have had his done by himself so I'll ask for a hand sometime next week. Once finished I will take full credit and praise for something he did,
    NOT!

Birmingham -aka- Brummie, Brumtown, B'ham, some people call it 0121 which sounds sort of strange but makes perfectly sense as it's the region's telephone code hahaha. A very little nice city with few interesting places. How long have you in Glasgow like? seems everyone I've come across have been there less than 10 years or so.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Every cloud has a silver lining I guess.

I was planning to built a picnic table. When the day came, in a short space of time, I experienced rain, hail, sun, very sunny, shower rain and thunder (all this in just less than 50 minutes). My eyes got tired.

The weather has jeopardised my project. Luckily, my neighbour have had his done by himself so I'll ask for a hand sometime next week. Once finished I will take full credit and praise for something he did,
    NOT!

Birmingham -aka- Brummie, Brumtown, B'ham, some people call it 0121 which sounds sort of strange but makes perfectly sense as it's the region's telephone code hahaha. A very little nice city with few interesting places. How long have you in Glasgow like? seems everyone I've come across have been there less than 10 years or so.
    Haha yeah, Ive been helping my father to build a fence in the back garden and it was an absolute nightmare! At least it's starting to get sunny again Ah I've got relatives in Birmingham, it seemed pretty nice for the brief time I was down there. Lived in Glasgow all my life which is nearly 18 years Don't believe all the "violent" and "crime riddled" crap you here on the news all the time, it's utter bollocs. I've never had a problem once.

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah, Ive been helping my father to build a fence in the back garden and it was an absolute nightmare! At least it's starting to get sunny again Ah I've got relatives in Birmingham, it seemed pretty nice for the brief time I was down there. Lived in Glasgow all my life which is nearly 18 years Don't believe all the "violent" and "crime riddled" crap you here on the news all the time, it's utter bollocs. I've never had a problem once.

Thanks for the reassurance, really appreciate it! I don't believe all that nonsense. I don't like media thinking for me and well aware of their dirty little ''spin-off'' propaganda.

I am definitely going to make sure I enjoy the city centre sights of Glasgow, Buchanan Street in particular, there seems to be loads of outlets and coffee shops. The first place I'd like to visit is the Glasgow UGC Multiplex. Is it really the tallest cinema building
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reassurance, really appreciate it! I don't believe all that nonsense. I don't like media thinking for me and well aware of their dirty little ''spin-off'' propaganda.

I am definitely going to make sure I enjoy the city centre sights of Glasgow, Buchanan Street in particular, there seems to be loads of outlets and coffee shops. The first place I'd like to visit is the Glasgow UGC Multiplex. Is it really the tallest cinema building
    Ha buchanan streets ok but there's not that many shops I would visit on it. It's all the big brands where as I prefer band merch and skate clothing and the shops that sell that sort of stuff are off in side streets. But the cafes are very nice, around GOMA there are a few really good ones, and George square is lovely to sit in and people watch. It's called Cineworld now but yeah it's really good! Btw what age will you when you start?

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ha buchanan streets ok but there's not that many shops I would visit on it. It's all the big brands where as I prefer band merch and skate clothing and the shops that sell that sort of stuff are off in side streets. But the cafes are very nice, around GOMA there are a few really good ones, and George square is lovely to sit in and people watch. It's ca lled Cineworld now but yeah it's really good! Btw what age will you when you start?

Hmm.. Surprised! Yeah I know what you mean. I try to avoid clothes with too much visible labels and really like independent shops. Same shops in every city centre in the UK, very distasteful. Globalisation at work!

I just turned 22. I was suppose to have started uni like 2 years ago. But chose to work instead, only worked 8 months though. The other 1 year and few months? I honestly don't have a clue as what I was doing during that time.

you?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hmm.. Surprised! Yeah I know what you mean. I try to avoid clothes with too much visible labels and really like independent shops. Same shops in every city centre in the UK, very distasteful. Globalisation at work!

I just turned 22. I was suppose to have started uni like 2 years ago. But chose to work instead, only worked 8 months though. The other 1 year and few months? I honestly don't have a clue as what I was doing during that time.

you?
    I don't dislike labels, I just hate when people wear them because the brand is popular and not because they like them, but I definitely like smaller independent shops. You get much better service and better staff in smaller shops IMO. Yeah, every city its the same generic shops with the odd good one dotted around. Argyl street is probably the best IMO. Ah, It seems that Scottish people start uni way earlier than others, I'll be 17 when I start (I'm nearly 18 thank god) which is annoying but the unions don't ID people so that's good

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi Alexi,

If u r having problems with accomdation u can stay with me for amonth at manchester if it suits u...i m staying alone i 2bhk appts here...

take care
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Navi345)
    Hi Alexi,

If u r having problems with accomdation u can stay with me for amonth at manchester if it suits u...i m staying alone i 2bhk appts here...

take care
    Hey Navi,

thanks for the offer, maybe me and my friend can stay at your place instead of getting a hostel room meanwhile we look for an apartment, then as soon as we find one we move out and we could pay daily or something. Unless you were looking for someone who would stay at least a month.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 22, 2012
New on TSR

What do you think of the BBC?

UK Parliament wants to hear your views

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.