Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can I help myself?

Announcements Posted on

Hi,

I would really like some help and advice on how to deal with this. For about 8 years I have really disliked people.

In short, I don't really understand people but I observe them. I find it difficult to talk and think of responses to remarks and questions.

The main reason I dislike people so much is because that everything that has gone wrong is because of other people. If I am late it is because of other people, then I get in trouble because of it and feel sad because of how I am treated and I feel like that because of other people.

There is much more to it but for the sake of keeping this short I am only writing this.

I googled this to see what I could find as if I had a name of some illness it would be easier to have other people understand. I came across this that someone had written and it describes me almost exactly.

Spoiler:
    Show
    it sounds more like simple depression rather than any excessive liking for animals...

it seems his motive is hes angry at humans, rather than sincerely concerned for animals.

he is miserable and no-one is making him feel better and possibly making him feel worse - so hes angry and blames them for it...everything bad in his life he can no doubt attribute to a person...rightly or wrongly... so he is focussing on all the negative traits of people and putting them onto all people rather than individuals and gradually he has become nihilistic and contemptuous

its kind of classic depression - i had similar thoughts myself about 10 years ago when depressed...felt unworthy of life, but also what a crap species we are, how can we be such horrors... etc
    mine manifested more in weeping and feeling blue...his is more angsty...

he needs to see a doc asap...

I much prefer animals as well to humans, but I want human love. I want to feel what everyone else feels and go back to the way I was before everything made me such an angry and bitter individual.

Do I need to see someone? I would not know where to start if I did.

Thank you.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi,

I would really like some help and advice on how to deal with this. For about 8 years I have really disliked people.

In short, I don't really understand people but I observe them. I find it difficult to talk and think of responses to remarks and questions.

The main reason I dislike people so much is because that everything that has gone wrong is because of other people. If I am late it is because of other people, then I get in trouble because of it and feel sad because of how I am treated and I feel like that because of other people.

There is much more to it but for the sake of keeping this short I am only writing this.

I googled this to see what I could find as if I had a name of some illness it would be easier to have other people understand. I came across this that someone had written and it describes me almost exactly.

Spoiler:
    Show
    it sounds more like simple depression rather than any excessive liking for animals...

it seems his motive is hes angry at humans, rather than sincerely concerned for animals.

he is miserable and no-one is making him feel better and possibly making him feel worse - so hes angry and blames them for it...everything bad in his life he can no doubt attribute to a person...rightly or wrongly... so he is focussing on all the negative traits of people and putting them onto all people rather than individuals and gradually he has become nihilistic and contemptuous

its kind of classic depression - i had similar thoughts myself about 10 years ago when depressed...felt unworthy of life, but also what a crap species we are, how can we be such horrors... etc
    mine manifested more in weeping and feeling blue...his is more angsty...

he needs to see a doc asap...

I much prefer animals as well to humans, but I want human love. I want to feel what everyone else feels and go back to the way I was before everything made me such an angry and bitter individual.

Do I need to see someone? I would not know where to start if I did.

Thank you.
    If you are feeling depressed and anxious, and you want some help with it, go and talk to your GP. They can refer you to people who can help, like counsellors, or they can sometimes help you themselves. Maybe some counselling would be useful so you can explore these feelings and look for ways to start liking and trusting people again.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 13, 2012
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.