Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Questions about Wellington Lodge and possible swap.

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm a foreign graduate student and I have been assigned Wellington lodge. My first problem is that I cannot find any info about it besides the LSE website. so I am unable to know if its "good" or "bad"

secondly, it seems to be a bit far from the university? I have only been to london once ages ago so how far/difficult will it be for a new comer to manage?

thirdly, it seems a bit costly for being so far, is this a normal price range?

I am very confused basically and I don't want to get screwed over since I will basically have no other options (since I'm foreign and have no idea about anything) so let me know if you have any information on the residence and if your interested in a swap between wellington and something closer.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Same problem here i checked unite website but there were no additional information on what is posted on LSE accommodation website.

I also emailed the accommodation office since so far i did not receive the details of the offer like the details of the room etc and they said i'll probably receive it by the end of the month or else i should call them.

I asked about the possibility of making another choice and the accommodation office said i'll be put on a waiting list and there would be no guarantee of me receiving another offer.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes I was told the exact same thing when I called them. Honestly I would rather stay in any dorm than non, I asked around and it seems like a 8 minute bus ride or so which isn't much. It is still cheaper/safer than living privately in an apartment or something. Dunno what to do honestly haha.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    wellington lodge is new so i dont know anyone who's been there
    but in terms of location i think it's right at the centre of london between covent garden, leicester square, westminster and waterloo and it's right next to river Thames. So in terms of living in London the location is really nice. So naturally it's expensive compared to other lse halls (I'm not sure about the halls only for graduate students) But for a single studio en suite it seems reasonable. 30min walk from lse is quite far but not a problem if you don't mind taking the tube/bus everyday
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    everyone chill out for a sec. wellington lodge is the best accommodation because i'll be there

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 16, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.