Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Nexplanon Reviews?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by autonomousAlana)
    Hi, I have recently had the nexplanon contraceptive implant put in but really I want to know what it was like for you personally, whether it was good or the worst experience of your life.

Thanks
    It was easy to put in, I didn't have my period for the first two weeks, after that I've been on my period since, it's heavy at first and now it is just spotting. I'm wondering does anyone else have this? It's kind of a mood killer, the constant spotting. Waiting till it's been six months, then I'll be able to have the implant removed :confused:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had mine put in a few weeks after my son was born. March 15, 2015 (my extraction date) will make 3 years since its insertion. I've read that some women had no bleeding at all, but I only stop bleeding for a few days every few weeks. I bled for like 6 months straight right after I got it. I've gained about 40 pounds as well. This being said, I'm pretty depressed and I regret ever opting for the nexplanon. I was so proud of myself for slimming down after my pregnancy, but now I'm bigger than I was before I was ever pregnant! I can't wait to get it removed! My periods were always normal before Nexplanon. Now they come and go as the please (extremely frustrating). My extraction date is only a few months away, but I'm going to see about getting it out sooner. I feel like a different person lately. I'm clumsy, dizzy, always exhausted, irritable, and extremely emotional lately and I think it's because of my implant. I'm not sure if this is normal or not. My arm is still tender every now and then where they put the implant. The weirdest part is that it gets tender when I start to bleed. Nexplanon was definitely not for me, but I haven't gotten pregnant again. That's the only positive thing I have to say about my implant.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've had nexplanon since Feb 2014 and it was great at first. Not I feel a stabbing in my implant arm that makes me think its broken when it feels fine to the touch, I've had constant spotting/bleeding for the last month, my mood went from loving life and my family to me not wanting to be around my fiance or kids for more then 5 minutes before I have a panic attack. I am getting mine taken put asap. I hate lashing out and not realizing it until its too late and this bleeding has got to stop. Really puts a damper on being engaged! DONT GET IT! IT WILL SEEM GREAT AT FIRST THEN COMPLETELY CHANGE YOU!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I've had the Nexplanon for almost 2 months now. Right after the 1 month of the Nexplanon I bleed for 4weeks straight. My periods weren't heavy only enough to wear panty liners (like heavy spotting). My bleeding finally stopped!
    I haven't gained weight yet due to that I'm currently active, exercise, and try to eat healthy. I have just noticed that the bruising from the implenon hasn't disappeared after 2 months due to that I lift weights.
    Also I have noticed that I'm in a horrible mood lately.. Worst than what I was. Other than that I love not being on the pill! It's great totally recomend it. Nexplanon is clinicly proven not to make you gain weight. People who have gain weight on the Nexplanon are finding an excuse to blame the weight gain on the birth control.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ive had mine in since 2010. NO PERIODS FOR 4 YEARS. :smug:

I did get a little but of weight gain, but im not sure if it was because of a change in lifestyle (got lazy and ate more), or because of Nexplanon. A bit of exercise quickly sorted that out and as long as i keep active i dont have any side effects.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 17, 2014
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.