The Student Room Group

How is everyone feeling about results? TSR poll!

Scroll to see replies

Confident with Film Studies, really hoping for the grade in English Literature but have a sinking feeling (and a load of mocks) that says I wont get it and History was messed up in AS Level so will be higher than a cloud if I get a B

Would the negs like to explain what is wrong with my own personal answer to the question put forward?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 281
Aiming for - History BA at Exeter University

Confident in:

History - B needed
Psychology - A needed

Could go either way:

English Language - A needed

Eh, could be worse I guess - "two outta three ain't bad!" Quietly confident I'll, at the very worst, achieve my insurance of Kent.
I feel that ABBB is my minimum, which is good because with those grades all is certainly not lost.... but bad 'cause I'll have missed my offer.... I don't know what to think! Ahh!
While not 100% sure, I'm quite sure I'll make it. Just hope time flies quickly till results day!
25days!

:cool: :redface: :s-smilie: :confused: :eek: <<What i'll be feeling on the day
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 285
Genuinely terrified for August 16th.
Reply 286
Original post by acer0951
Thnx for the advice :smile: and my fourth option is history and I'm quite looking forward to it! Lool and I might do Urdu A level to because I think it has something to do with ucas points....

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

The only medical school that looks at ucas points is barts so if your not thinking of applying there I would say don't do the extra A-Level as it puts you at no advantage and just creates added pressure.
Reply 287
I'm waiting on my AS results and I feel very nervous as my parents have told me that if I have to resit anything then I have to quit 6th form and go find a job instead as they don't want to have to pay for my resits, even though I told them I'd pay :frown:
Reply 288
Original post by h0llyyx
I'm waiting on my AS results and I feel very nervous as my parents have told me that if I have to resit anything then I have to quit 6th form and go find a job instead as they don't want to have to pay for my resits, even though I told them I'd pay :frown:

:eek:

That's pretty harsh. I didn't do as well as I hoped in my AS levels and did a lot of resits (cost me an absolute fortune) but managed to turn my grades around (well I hoped I turned them around).
It doesn't look like the proportions are going to change.
Core 2 Maths paper was a joke and if I ever meet the person who wrote it I'll actually tear them to shreds - meaning I'll give them a disapproving look and tut. Everything else seemed fine on the day, but the closer results gets the more I'm preparing for complete and utter failure. :u:
Reply 291
Original post by . .
:eek:

That's pretty harsh. I didn't do as well as I hoped in my AS levels and did a lot of resits (cost me an absolute fortune) but managed to turn my grades around (well I hoped I turned them around).

Well I hope that maybe if I haven't done so well they will relent a little and let me stay on. Really though my results could go either way as I think I've done quite well yet when I think about it again and what I actually put in the exam I'm not so sure :/

Reply 292
Original post by h0llyyx
Well I hope that maybe if I haven't done so well they will relent a little and let me stay on. Really though my results could go either way as I think I've done quite well yet when I think about it again and what I actually put in the exam I'm not so sure :/

No point in worrying nothing you can do but hope for the best.
When you walk out of the exam and become suddenly aware of what you did wrong and what you should have put :zomg:
Original post by wolf-pack
When you walk out of the exam and become suddenly aware of what you did wrong and what you should have put :zomg:

I actually hate that feeling so so much! I get it after every exam :frown:
Reply 295
Original post by wolf-pack

The correct answers always come to me the night after the exam in my dream.
I need three As to get in, which I think and hope beyond belief is manageable for me, yet I am just so terrified of missing my grades as I've got into my dream course at my dream university. This is what I have wanted from about the age of 14/15 and to finally be so close, yet knowing I could slip up at the last hurdle is terrifying.

If I get the grades, believe me I will be over the moon. If I don't, I don't know what I'll do with myself.
I don't even care anymore, I don't see the point in getting worked up now, it's done, there's no turning back. I'll worry on results day or not

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App.
First time I've ever come out of every exam feeling like I've done my best. Hope I haven't put the kiss of death on myself though...
Original post by . .
The only medical school that looks at ucas points is barts so if your not thinking of applying there I would say don't do the extra A-Level as it puts you at no advantage and just creates added pressure.

Thanks for letting me know that! But its my first language anyway so it wont be too hard and yes im thinking of applying to barts as well as kings, Imperial and Bristol

Quick Reply

Latest