The Student Room Group

How is everyone feeling about results? TSR poll!

Scroll to see replies

It's a shame we're getting trolled by the British summer.
So scared about getting my results, I wish I had revised more to be honest. Just keeping my fingers crossed, just want to get into college.
Original post by Zogian
I'm preparing myself for the worst which is rather bad but I'm hopeful one day and then the next feeling I did really bad. A bit like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde then? Aha

Thats how I feel!
779 votes so far :biggrin:

When we go past 1,000 we'll make the numbers public and we can see how confident everyone's feeling!
Let's put it this way, I'm 99% sure I haven't met my requirements.
Reply 145
Original post by Retro.spex

:five: :sigh:
A-level students: forget about it, enjoy the "summer" (if we ever get it). It's out of your hands now.

For those of you applying to Uni, and think you haven't got on the course you want to go on. Look for back ups now, even contact those Unis (so you get your name around). Just be honest about it- I think I'm not going to get into my choices, would you consider me. If you don't think you'll get on any courses to do with your subject. Again think now about what you'd like to do. The worst students are those who fail on A-level day, panic, cry, look on UCAS clearing and choose a course before somebody else takes it. DON'T do this as you could end up in a course you don't really like just because you panicked. So do some research now, I know one or two who panicked and I think they now regret doing their degree (and this is purely because of what happened in those hours on results day).

Those of you who are quite confident. What I did was look at the UCAS website early in the morning to check if I got on the course. Fortunately I did, so by the time I left for school, I wasn't nervous at all - I knew I had done fairly well.

Finally - if you're offered to take a picture in the paper, DO IT- it's great to look back on. And also thank your favourite teachers if they around - it may help you in the future.
I basically spend my time re-reading the unofficial mark-schemes of the three chemistry exams I took this sitting. **** so nervous
Original post by Retro.spex

Look for back ups NOW, even contact those Unis (so you get your name around). Just be honest about it when emailing them: "I think I'm not going to get into my choices, would you consider me". At least then if it's between you and somebody else during clearing - they'll go for you.

If you don't think you'll get on any courses to do with your subject. Again think now about what you'd like to do. The worst students are those who fail on A-level day, panic, cry, look on UCAS clearing and choose a course before somebody else takes it. DON'T do this as you could end up in a course you don't really like just because you panicked. So do some research now, I know one or two who panicked and I think they now regret doing their degree (and this is purely because of what happened in those hours on results day).

Overall, having gone through A-level results day I think the Uni applications should change. We should apply AFTER getting our results, so that those who have done badly get to plan in their own time what they are going to do. And for those who have done really well to try for better Unis. I mean I was lucky to get three As at A-levels [under the old system- no A*s!]. Never thought I would, but had I known I may have put an application into somebody like Oxford.
Reply 149
Was pretty confident about Physics and thought I was gonna fail English epically. Physics ended up going pretty badly, although I only need a C to get an A overall so hopefully I've pulled that off :tongue: and English went a lot better than expected! (which is fair enough, spent all my time revising English as I knew I needed a better mark in that) So hopefully I've got what I need in those two subjects!

I only need a B in Art but I really want 3 A's to get my scholarship, hoping I've managed to scrape an A but after the first project it seems unrealistic so I just put 'could go either way'
i know everyone hates an A grader that complains about a B, but i took 5 AS levels and absolutely hated one of them, plus if i hadnt taken it i couldve had some serious lie-ins...so if i dont get an A in it im gowna be pretty annoyed! :biggrin:
Very nervous about Philosophy, though I am sure the others went ok...
Reply 152
Prepared for the worst in maths after Core 2.
I'm preparing for the worst. I've already been working out the lowest i could score. The steps for clearing and that.
I'm waiting for AS results.
On the morning of my GCSE results I got so nervous in the queue that I had to run to the toilet and I had the runs. Not good
I actually have no idea how they went, I know that I failed the one module though as I wrote hardly anything.
Original post by tiana_tiara
I resat the entirety of year 12 biology and psychology alongside doing the year 13 topics and year 13 english language, because I was determined not to have to retake year 12 and stick around at home for an extra one - some pretty good motivation right there, I worked my arse off this year after having ****ed up AS. But it was a whole lot of work and I was really ill during some of the resits, so I keep swinging between 'I must made it' and '****, I totally didn't make it'. I guess in the end, even if I didn't make it and end up resitting year 13, I knew at the start that trying to avoid having to stay in sixth form for an extra year was a longshot. I'm just terrified if I do have to retake year 13, I won't get another offer from Exeter (been my first choice Uni since I started researching them during GCSE's). I need ABB.

its scary how similar my situation is to urs. i resat the entire year 12 biology and chemistry alongside year 13 too and worked my ass off every single day. hopefully it will have paid off for both of us, good luck for ur results day :smile:
I am preparing for a disastrous results day with shields and everything! I will be a total mess both before and after that day but I will have to pull myself together and possibly find a plan B :/
restless is the word...
i worked my arse off for these exams, and i feel that i should do alright, but i just keep thinking 'what if i don't....??'
i don't go more than a day without worrying about august 16th :/
Preparing for the worst. CCEA is a b******. Why?
- Had a hideous exam timetable (first 3 a2 exams on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of the first week of exams (all essay subjects too), my other 2 on the Monday and Tuesday of the following week).
- 1 week of study leave.
- The Biology exam was hideous, 30 times as hard as the previous past papers (plus the January one was so difficult too :frown: )

Plus...
- Was too sick to do one of my resits.
- Had an awful History teacher this year, who dragged out the course so much I had so little time to revise, and she purposely avoided giving us information. Plus she always undermined our class, essentially saying we were stupid. Thanks!
- Generally didn't do very well in the exams, definitely could have done better!

Sooo yeah. Hiya gap year.

Quick Reply

Latest