The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well, I did German A-level without having done the GCSE. Don't bother with the GCSE if you do it.
Reply 21
Obviously I am incredibly biased, but I would suggest that you go and learn Spanish in Mexico for at least a couple of months! I did GCSE at the same time as my A Levels, I just spent 3 months in Mexico at two different language schools, and now I can speak Spanish much better than French, deifnitely above A Level standard I think, and I had so much fun! Mexican Spanish is slower and (in my opinion) is spoken with a much nicer accent than Spanish Spanish, so it's a great country to learn in, plus a great country to live in! Who needs an A Level in it anyway? It's infinitely better to just got to the country and learn it - I found my two courses through Apple Languages. :biggrin:
Reply 22
linguist786
hehe that'd be great! (are you already at Manchester btw?)
i think i've decided against this anyway (unless my A-Levels go disastrously wrong, which i highly doubt!)

and also, on a side note, are you asian? i'm asking because "saaf london"... it means "clean london" you see.

yes i am at manchester now (on my year abroad actually, so not at manchester as such, but will be a grand old 4th year student come september) and no, im not asian. "clean london" is a bit of an... oxymoron, no?
princessa
yes i am at manchester now (on my year abroad actually, so not at manchester as such, but will be a grand old 4th year student come september) and no, im not asian. "clean london" is a bit of an... oxymoron, no?
hehe..ye. so..erm..what do you mean by "saaf london" ??
Reply 24
linguist786
hehe..ye. so..erm..what do you mean by "saaf london" ??

south london perhaps? :rolleyes:
Reply 25
jozza
south london perhaps? :rolleyes:

Oooohhhhhhh, I get it:biggrin:
haha lol! i get it now too. it's funny, since 'saaf' means 'clean' in my language.
Reply 27
Yeah. Should be possible. Like the people who apply to Oxford especially for a language they don't know yet or haven't done A-level often reach beyond A2 standard by the time they start. It's possible for sure.
gracias para todo el consejo!
Reply 29
linguist786
gracias para todo el consejo!

no problemo. but shouldn't that be gracias por vuestro consejo? i maybe wrong though :redface:
Reply 30
rich_
no problemo. but shouldn't that be gracias por vuestro consejo? i maybe wrong though :redface:

Can be both (you don't necessarily need to say your advice, you can just say the advice, although I think Spanish would tend to go for the instead of your):smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending