The Student Room Group
Cranfield University
Cranfield

University of Cranfield thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by turgon
Competitive to get into? For an engineering course I think its quite competitive (as there is apparently a demand for gas turbine engineers) but not right at the top. I think a lot depends on whether you're UK/EU/International, and what your previous qualifications are.

When you say it depends on whether you're UK/EU/International, what exactly do you mean? I mean are there different criteria for all?
Cranfield University
Cranfield
Reply 41
Original post by krishm
When you say it depends on whether you're UK/EU/International, what exactly do you mean? I mean are there different criteria for all?

Officially, no. But I think to some extent they try to ensure a mix of UK/EU/International students on courses. In addition the admissions people are more familiar with UK qualifications and so they may set lower requirements to those with such qualifications.

Please bear in mind that I have no official evidence of anything I have just said. I am basing this all from my own experience - my undergraduate qualification was relatively weak and I still got in, and I have heard of non-EU students telling me of the difficulty of being admitted into certain courses similar to mine, which back then surprised me.
Reply 42
Original post by murray1990
hi I applied for Msc in astronautics and space engineering two weeks ago. so far they have asked for a reference and now a copy of my transcripts and im just waiting on a decision, does anyone know roughly i will have to wait for a decision? getting very nervous here

It can take upto 5 weeks
Reply 43
Greeting guys,

I'm interested to join MSc Engineering and Management of Manufacturing Systems at Cranfield may be next year!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 44
Hi everybody!

I have been accepted at Cranfield University to study an MSc in Community Water and Sanitation (double degree programme with my home university). I am very excited to start this new course!

I have been offered a room in Mitchell Hall (standard room), even thought I chose Lanchester Hall in my application. Has anybody been in Mitchell Hall? Is it good? I find it more expensive than the other halls, and it doesn't have a kitchen, so I don't know if it is worth it. I have until the 25th to decide, do you think I could find a room in other halls after that?
Reply 45
Hi guys,

I have just been offered a place on the Aerospace propulsion course. I applied for the march 2014 intake but for some reason on the offer letter it says that I have been offered a place for the march 2015 intake. I really don't want to wait for 1 and half years. I have sent them an email about this so hopefully they will change it to march 2014.
Reply 46
Original post by vaiouser
Hi guys,

I have just been offered a place on the Aerospace propulsion course. I applied for the march 2014 intake but for some reason on the offer letter it says that I have been offered a place for the march 2015 intake. I really don't want to wait for 1 and half years. I have sent them an email about this so hopefully they will change it to march 2014.

I applied for Oct 2013 and got offered March 2014 2 weeks ago! Must be a mistake.
Reply 47
ya i sent them an email straight away and also gave them a call this morning. the person on phone said the dates can be changed and i really hope so. i really dont want to wait for 1 and half years.
Reply 48
Hi to everyone!

Why Cranfield University is not listed UK Uni League Tables: in http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings
Reply 49
Original post by AlroSp
Hi everyone!

Why Cranfield is not listed in the Uni League Tables? http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings

Probably because it offers postgraduate programmes only (the course statistics used in domestic league tables are taken from undergraduate courses).
Reply 50
Original post by River85
Probably because it offers postgraduate programmes only (the course statistics used in domestic league tables are taken from undergraduate courses).

Thank you for the answer, River! I think you are right :-)

Is there a list only with postgraduate programmes university? Would be interest to have a look on it :-)
Reply 51
Original post by AlroSp
Thank you for the answer, River! I think you are right :-)

Is there a list only with postgraduate programmes university? Would be interest to have a look on it :-)

There are international rankings which do have of a research/postgrad focus. Some of these have included Cranfield in certain years. For example, the ARWU (Academic Ranking of World Universities) placed Cranfield 402 - 503 in the world in 2008. In 2007 it was ranked 158 in the QS rankings.

There may be programme specific tables. For example, the Financial Times have a league table for business schools and MBAs. In the most recent one Cranfield's MBA programme is ranked 38th in the world

http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/cranfield-school-of-management
Reply 52
Original post by River85
There are international rankings which do have of a research/postgrad focus. Some of these have included Cranfield in certain years. For example, the ARWU (Academic Ranking of World Universities) placed Cranfield 402 - 503 in the world in 2008. In 2007 it was ranked 158 in the QS rankings.

There may be programme specific tables. For example, the Financial Times have a league table for business schools and MBAs. In the most recent one Cranfield's MBA programme is ranked 38th in the world

http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/cranfield-school-of-management

Thanks again for the info, Revir85!

Also, I would like to ask something about its accommodation. Which tips can be given for living in Cranfield: residence or better flat? Thanks :smile:
Hi everyone,

I have been accepted to study at Cranfield University for Msc Logistics and Supply Chain Management and will start on September 2013.

I planned to live outside campus accomodation, because I will bring my wife and she is pregnant. Which area is better between Milton Keynes and Bedford? I am considering about rent price, hospital and public transportation.

Thank you for your advice and reccomendations.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Hi everyone,

Is there anybody from Thermal Power - Gas turbine Msc. here? I'm starting in October, I would like to have an advise about how difficult are examinations? or test? are they similar as a undergraduate typical thermodynamic problem? I checked that Programmables calculators are not allowed.

Any general advise about the program? something that everyone should review before start?

Thanks in advanced to all,

Virgilio
Reply 55
Original post by adhy_panjuniaga
Hi everyone,

I have been accepted to study at Cranfield University for Msc Logistics and Supply Chain Management and will start on September 2013.

I planned to live outside campus accomodation, because I will bring my wife and she is pregnant. Which area is better between Milton Keynes and Bedford? I am considering about rent price, hospital and public transportation.

Thank you for your advice and reccomendations.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Milton Keynes will be better for you; especially when travelling to and from the uni. Cranfield village is also good for the quieter option.
Thanks Venom123 for your advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
I am starting Thermal Power in March 2014. Does anyone know the term dates, or if they send me out some sort of information pack?
Reply 58
Original post by Keese
I am starting Thermal Power in March 2014. Does anyone know the term dates, or if they send me out some sort of information pack?

I have been offered Thermal Power in March 2014. I have chosen the Gas Turbine option. What about you?

They have not sent any term dates, just the course start and end dates. I doubt any such info will be sent before the start of the course.
Reply 59
Original post by Virgilio_D
Hi everyone,

Is there anybody from Thermal Power - Gas turbine Msc. here? I'm starting in October, I would like to have an advise about how difficult are examinations? or test? are they similar as a undergraduate typical thermodynamic problem? I checked that Programmables calculators are not allowed.

Any general advise about the program? something that everyone should review before start?

Thanks in advanced to all,

Virgilio

Hi,

I have been offered MSc Thermal Power - Gas Turbine too. I am starting in March 2014 though. It would be nice to see you there.

Were you able to collect any information/advice about the course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending