The Student Room Group
Cranfield University
Cranfield

University of Cranfield thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Currently, I have two options: Renewable Energy Engineering at Cranfield or Engineering with Finance at UCL. I am torn between the two and would be grateful for some advice.
Cranfield University
Cranfield
Hi Guys,

I've just applied for a MSc in Water Management at Cranfield. Does anyone know at what point will the funding opportunities be discussed? I must wait until my graduation in July and I'm guessing it would be after that? Does anyone else know anything about this course?

Cheers

Alex
Hi guys,

I saw Cranfield University has a lot of very interesting MSc courses. I would like to apply for MSc in Aerospace design because they also have very close liks to important firms like Airbus. Also, this course seems to be very interesting.

My question is, why Cranfield University, despite having such amazing postgraduate opportunities, isn't famous?

I mean, I saw some university UK rankings and Cranfield wasn't even in the ranking. Also, I haven't found a section, in this forum, about this university, that is strange because there are tons of university sections here.

Thanks
Reply 83
Original post by desperados988
Hi guys,

I saw Cranfield University has a lot of very interesting MSc courses. I would like to apply for MSc in Aerospace design because they also have very close liks to important firms like Airbus. Also, this course seems to be very interesting.

My question is, why Cranfield University, despite having such amazing postgraduate opportunities, isn't famous?

I mean, I saw some university UK rankings and Cranfield wasn't even in the ranking. Also, I haven't found a section, in this forum, about this university, that is strange because there are tons of university sections here.

Thanks

Cranfield isn't found on university rankings because it is post grad only, direct comparison with undergrad is difficult. In terms of research it can be ranked in the top 5 at least, it was ranked 3rd in previous years. It is very highly regarded within the engineering sector. I believe it has one of the best student:staff ratios.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Keese
Cranfield isn't found on university rankings because it is post grad only, direct comparison with undergrad is difficult. In terms of research it can be ranked in the top 5 at least, it was ranked 3rd in previous years. It is very highly regarded within the engineering sector. I believe it has one of the best student:staff ratios.

Got it. So this explain everything! Thank you very much. I understood that was a leading university for the quality of courses they have.
Guys do you know how long does it take to the commission to reply to my application? Today 1 week is passed.
Reply 86
Guys do you know how long does it take to the commission to reply to my application? Today 1 week is passed.

Admission took 1-2 weeks to review my application before confirming an unconditional offer.
Reply 87
Has anyone been to cranfield village? I'm planning to get accommodation there and I would be grateful to know what the area is like.
Original post by AlecWong
Admission took 1-2 weeks to review my application before confirming an unconditional offer.

thank you for the reply :wink:
Reply 89
who else is starting on October the 3rd? anyone doing Msc astronautics and space engineering?
Original post by murray1990
who else is starting on October the 3rd? anyone doing Msc astronautics and space engineering?

I am waiting for the response to my application. I applied in Aerospace vehicle design.
Original post by AlecWong
Currently, I have two options: Renewable Energy Engineering at Cranfield or Engineering with Finance at UCL. I am torn between the two and would be grateful for some advice.

Hi. I would recommend Cranfield. It's got an excellent reputation for Engineering, and close links with employers. Also, it's postgraduate only which makes it a more "professional environment", which is good preparation for industry. Another advantage is that you won't pay London living costs, which you would in UCL.
Reply 92
I'm looking for some information about the Msc in Aerospace Vehicle Design
starting in March 2014:

Some of you have already applied for it? Or already got an offer?
And more important do they still accept some new enrollments?
Original post by andy__
I'm looking for some information about the Msc in Aerospace Vehicle Design
starting in March 2014:

Some of you have already applied for it? Or already got an offer?
And more important do they still accept some new enrollments?

I applied for that on 28 August and they replied to me on 15 Sept, telling me that there weren't places for Oct2013, so my application would be processed for next March2014. I think yes, there are places available but you better apply soon.
Reply 94
I applied for that on 28 August and they replied to me on 15 Sept, telling me that there weren't places for Oct2013, so my application would be processed for next March2014. I think yes, there are places available but you better apply soon.

Thank you for the reply! In fact the "October 2013" entry option is no longer available from the apply page.
How long does it take to get an answer?
Original post by andy__
Thank you for the reply! In fact the "October 2013" entry option is no longer available from the apply page.
How long does it take to get an answer?

It is taking a lot of time in my opinion, but maybe it depends on this period, wich is one of the busiest of the year. As I already told you, I applied on 28 August and I haven't got a reply yet.
Reply 96
Original post by murray1990

Yup I'm starting the same course on the 3rd October. Cant wait!
Reply 97
Is anyone starting their course on march 2014? so far i am only being offered a place and i recently got my results. am i supposed to upload it on eve or do i wait until the admission date on march?
Hi everyone,I want to know roughly how long will the university takes to process the application?I applied for Msc in Thermal Power for March 2014 intake.Decision still pending until today.I applied on the 28th of September.Really hope to get an offer letter soon as my scholarship want the offer letter before November :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
Original post by Giulia*
Hi,
my name is Giulia, I'm Italian and in september I'm beginning the MSc in Thermal Power.
I also got accomodation at Lanchester Hall, so I'd like to get some informations about it!

Giulia, I'm Anna Lisa, I come from Lecce, I'm going to Cranfield in March and I'd like to get some informations about accomodation.
did you like Lanchester Hall?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending