The Student Room Group

Trying to follow my dreams, need your advice!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Well, I was just trying to reassure the OP that his intention will most likely not be a complete waste of time :dontknow:
Reply 21
Have I touched a nerve? I'm not wasting further time on this. Think twice before posting your earlier unfounded nonsense.

TBD

Original post by kka25
Alright, lets talk scientifically; since you've provided the sources, you would need to indicate to me (us) what do you get from the sources and would need to explain further your findings; would you indicate to me how they gathered the data and how the came out with the conclusion? I would also like to know the sample; who are these people, where do they come from, the year of the data being collected, their grades/performances, age, sponsored/non-sponsored, country of origin, and other information that has been used to gathered the data.

Could you also indicate to me (us) what kind of statistical analysis/technique they did for the survey? Could you summarize it for us?

If the year of data collection has been almost half a decade old, does that represent the current year/situation? How so?

78% felt their employment prospects has improved - In what way? what happened to the other 22% then? Does that mean 22% hasn't improved? So, out of, say, 1000 sample, 700+ are happy, and the rest of the 200 are left high and dry? Bankrupt even? Since, this sample (some of the ) after all, are international students, so they have to pay a lot of money for this sort of education; don't they? Would you accept this is a good ROI for them?

Since the analysis states that 78% has a positive reaction, but say for example, you were a part of this 22%, what would you say about the survey's conclusion then?

89% agreed that the skills and personal development aspect of their course had met or exceeded expectations - Interesting; would you indicate to us that those skills are relevant to the degree? What kind of skills and personal development are we talking about here? Is there a possibility that they were just filler courses that the participants were happy about but proved no relevance to the degree?

Can you tell us about your source? What do you know/understand about the source that gave you the evidence to support those studies? Do you think they would have any bias? If someone were to say that they are no better than the league tables, then what would you respond to such inquiry?

I (we) do expect you to answer these questions since you've provided the evidence. I (we) have no intention to explore them in details because the research was done by you. Since you've proposed a scientific inquiry/discussion, thus, a level of a rigorous analysis by you is expected.
Reply 22
Thanks to all guys for your replies! Appreciate it so much!

I agree with TBD in case I'll find a good job in Europe. Getting some experience is much important than doing another MSc, although in a world ranking university. But IF, and I said IF I won't find a job in the field of marketing, then I'm going to follow Exulted advice, who seems to have understood my situation and my feelings :wink:

Thank you so much again guys! I'll let you know!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending