Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Devious

Announcements Posted on

I am a graduate and I have been in my job a year, another graduate joined 6 months ago. Whilst I have a lot more experience than her, lately she has talked down to me and is telling me how I should do my job. She has told my manager that me and another guy come in late (which we don't) and had a go at me for leaving the department with no cover over lunch which I told her it was someone else who walked out after I had gone but she was having none of it.

She has been shadowing other people a lot on visits and when I mentioned I will be doing it she seemed threatened. I have seen her emailing people all day at work and not doing her work whilst she is making up stories about me just so she can get ahead. My manager even said that this girl is quite vocal and people are starting to notice. I just don't want lies going around when I am trying to work hard to do well in my career. What is the best approach?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 13, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.