The Student Room Group

Strategic Five Marketing- Help

Scroll to see replies

I know this is from a while ago but where is that companies office?
A company called 'elite intuition' opened in October, manager is named Stefan it's on castle street. Basically the exact same thing happened to me, but I was straight with them as soon as I arrived! I asked the 'representative' what we would be doing and he said going to asda in St. Helens!!!!!! Not for me thankyou
A few month ago I got an interview with Strategic 5 got through the whole thing and got the job at the end of it. They wanted me to start the next day (which was a Saturday) so the following night I got home from the 'open day' after being out in the cold and rain for 8 hours and knocking on people's doors, I looked up the reviews and seen they were pretty much a con. So the next morning I rang up saying I didn't want the job and the man who I spent the day with was insistent that it was my choice if I wanted to work commission based or I could get paid £250 a week, obviously I knew he was just full of it so I told him I wasn't going to do it. Then about a day later I got a message off one of the men who worked there, the only time I spoke to him was when he asked to take my questionnaire for me. During the time he did this he must have looked up my name on the sheet because he was sending me messages on Facebook asking how I was doing and that he only messaged me because he thinks I'm beautiful. Thought this was very unprofessional and really weird, this just made me even more relived i didn't take the job. So to anyone considering going to an interview here I would stay well away!
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm currently managing an office in Newcastle upon Tyne, I am looking to leave as the company I work for is based in Slough so other than relocating I cant progress into a higher position. The company and people are great I just want to continue pushing myself and bettering my career.

I have had some great interviews so far for legitimate companies working on driving their sales forward and marketing their specific product, service or skill.

Then I got this cut and paste email yesterday:

Hello Daniel,
It was great to hear from you recently in regards to your job application. My manager Ben had the opportunity to review your application today, and you will be happy to know that you have been successfully shortlisted to the next stage of the application process. This involves a short 15 minute informal appointment at our main office in Eldon Square to really explain the role in a lot more detail, the progress opportunities and a great opportunity for us to find out a little more about yourself. As we have already begun the application process, we do have appointments available for as earlier as tomorrow between 2pm - 5pm. Please respond to this email with your availability to arrange an appointment time. Alternatively please give me a call directly on 07817898227, to fast track you application and secure an appointment time.
Congratulations on your success so far.
Hope to hear from you soon!

Christen & Wing
Administration Team

I knew what this was instantly, as around 7 years ago I fell for this trick. The day after applying for a job while at university I was standing in a half redundant shopping centre in Darlington watching 3 desperate people trying to sell make up kits on commission to anybody unfortunate enough to trundle by. After watching this I got back on the train to Newcastle, had a shower and put it to the back of my mind.

Unless you are looking for door to door sales earning commission only then avoid Stategic Five Marketing and Concilio Solutions. Without the need to exaggerate Concilio have emailed while I have written this out with a similar pitch to Strategic Five. I have also looked into their office addresses and both are based in 3 Old Eldon Square.

These companies not only prey on the people who are being canvassed for business but the people looking for work. This is not work, this is begging, begging for pittance so a single person at the top of the tree of deceit can fulfill his quota to receive his substantial fee for the contract he signed with whichever company. Do not under any circumstance believe anything they say, do not fill out their forms, do not reply to their emails, stay away. You would be better off on a zero hour contract and I mean that, that's not a joke.
Original post by georgiel
So, who has a gun to your head? Or are you just a complete and utter fool?

Oh it's not a scam, nobody ever said that, but it is certainly taking advantage of the stupid, naïve and the desperate. And the interview process is most certainly barely legal.

That's what's so sinister, the entire operation is only just legal, if you don't mind preying on the old and naïve then it will work for you, but all decent people should avoid it like the plague.

I've heard the word 'progression' so much with these companies but its never been specified to what this 'progression' is. The companies have a person acting as an MD and a secretary selling the idea and booking appointments for 'interviews'.

If you find you are amazing at selling Talk Talk packages door to door then where does this progression lead? Do you get on the board at Talk Talk? Do you replace the previous 'MD' who hired you after a Flash Gordon style pit fight? Or is it the most likely scenario in which progression is used as a buzz word to prey on people who want a career they can be proud of? I think I know which one it is.

Eventually regulation will fall upon this type of industry and how they advertise for staff and they will be forced into being up front, that they don't want staff they want self employed sales people on commission only. There are plenty of people who want to do that and that is fine but to pretend its marketing to lure people in is disgusting then to withhold truths from them face to face is plainly vile and underhand.
They called and I cancelled. Simple as that
Reply 45
Just to clarify. This is really and they do pay you. You just have to be good at sales, people don't realise that just cos you make a sale that doesn't mean you will get payed, if it was a scrappy sale chances are the customer cancled. I worked here for nearly 6 months and yeah the "business plan" is a load of bs and just a pyramid scheme but if you make good sales you can earn good money. I saw somebody on this site saying it was pointless on your cv... Yeah maybe if you stay a day and make 0 sales. Since leaving s5, every job interview in sales this has been talked about most, as it shows that you are hard working, it's commission only ffs so I dont understand how that could possibly look bad on a cv. Anyway, I had no experience in sales 2 years ago and now I work for a company that is a billion dollar market leader as an account manager and I earn 50k a year. All I'm saying is if you do this job well for 5-6 months you will learn a lot and can make good money. MAKE SURE YOU PUT THIS ON YOUR CV IF YOU DID WELL HERE!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending