Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Common girl trouble

Announcements Posted on

This probably a subject posted frequently but I wonder if anyone could give me some advice?
    Basically, every time me and my friends are with girls I'm always the one seen as the "friend".
    While my friends are able to get off with any of them, I just crack jokes and I'm usually ignored.
    A pretty pathetic post I know but I kinda feel like I'm just a mass that fills up space.
    Any advice? Thanks
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    You are not flirty enough.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This probably a subject posted frequently but I wonder if anyone could give me some advice?
    Basically, every time me and my friends are with girls I'm always the one seen as the "friend".
    While my friends are able to get off with any of them, I just crack jokes and I'm usually ignored.
    A pretty pathetic post I know but I kinda feel like I'm just a mass that fills up space.
    Any advice? Thanks
    Welcome to my world.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the post above, you are not flirting with them, perhaps because you are nervous or slightly shy. I see where you're coming from - cracking jokes to fit in yet being ignored - awkwardly engaging in banter so they remember that you're still there - never in the middle of the conversations circle always on the edges. OP you need to establish yourself as a bigger personality, someone they will listen to and not talk over. Stop giving a **** what people think and start taking control. Start flirting and teasing these girls for starters...

Wait wtf, I was under the impression that you are a dude
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GailPlatt)
    Hmmmmm, are you fat?

The fat ones do you usually get ignored tbh. Yeh they'll have a laugh and a joke with you, but aint nobody wanna be seen in public with a fatty.

So lose some weight tbh, and watch them boys come flooding in
    Biggest load of bull**** I know.

You probably don't have any confidence in yourself, hence all the jokes you're hiding behind them! Tbh, I'd just wait for the right guy, I know it's the whole 'you're young' but seriously - get abit more confidence in yourself and you'll notice a change :-)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Yeah I'm a dude
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah I'm a dude
    Then still be flirty?
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't be the goofy guy. Women don't get turned on by that.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 15, 2012
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.