The Student Room Group

Cases where students have missed an exam and been able to resit/get average mark?

Hi everyone,

So I am at the University of Manchester in my 3rd year, and missed an exam in January due to misreading an exam timetable, I then told the complete truth (when I could of said i was ill) and my university are saying I cannot do anything to change my mark. Due to being in third year there are no resits.

I have been awarded a 2:2 classification, but in order to of gotten a 2:1 I only would of needed to of gotten 37% in the exam (an exam which had 2 (had to answer 3) questions based upon an essay I had written in which I achieved a mark of 68.) It is obvious I would have gotten at least 37% so am definitely worthy of a 2:1.

My appeal to my school of social sciences was rejected by the mitigating circumstances committee, so I am now filing one with the Faculty of Humanities which is above it.

I have been advised to find cases where people have been allowed to resit, get an average mark or any other way in which they rectified their situation and received the grade which was clearly the most logical and deserved.

I realise it is my own fault for misreading the timetable etc....but I am going to submit an appeal regardless of what people say - any examples of similar situations or any other help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending