Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Taking the next step......

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Hope you can help....

I've been (best) friends with a girl for about 18 months now, and if I am being honest, I am now in love with her! I really just wanted to be friends, but these feelings can't go away. It's horrible, that I just can't be friends with her!

I haven't a clue as to how she feels (my insticnt is she doesn't feel the same way, but I don't know for sure, and I'd regret it if I didn't ask, and life is way too short to have regrets.)

She's been working abroad last summer and is this summer. Now she has very recently split from her boyfriend, I now feel that I've got to seize my chance, because I have waited a year for them to split! I'd be gutted if I found out in say 3 months she was with someone new, and I hadn't even had asked the question!

Now 2 questions really...

1. If I ask her out and she say's no, this great friendship we've got will be destroyed won't it!? I've never done anything like this before so I am really not sure how it works!!

2. How long would you wait bearing in mind she is only recently single. She is still pretty upset over the split, and just won't talk about it, telling me earlier, she just wants to forget it!

You wait forever for them to split up, thinking life would be much straightforward when it happens, but it's more complicated! Any advice would be very, very gratefully received.

Thanks xx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Hope you can help....

I've been (best) friends with a girl for about 18 months now, and if I am being honest, I am now in love with her! I really just wanted to be friends, but these feelings can't go away. It's horrible, that I just can't be friends with her!

I haven't a clue as to how she feels (my insticnt is she doesn't feel the same way, but I don't know for sure, and I'd regret it if I didn't ask, and life is way too short to have regrets.)

She's been working abroad last summer and is this summer. Now she has very recently split from her boyfriend, I now feel that I've got to seize my chance, because I have waited a year for them to split! I'd be gutted if I found out in say 3 months she was with someone new, and I hadn't even had asked the question!

Now 2 questions really...

1. If I ask her out and she say's no, this great friendship we've got will be destroyed won't it!? I've never done anything like this before so I am really not sure how it works!!

2. How long would you wait bearing in mind she is only recently single. She is still pretty upset over the split, and just won't talk about it, telling me earlier, she just wants to forget it!

You wait forever for them to split up, thinking life would be much straightforward when it happens, but it's more complicated! Any advice would be very, very gratefully received.

Thanks xx
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sure ask her out now....if you just want to be a meaningless rebound fling.

If not, then bide your time, at least a couple of months. If she likes you (IF!!!!!) and if it's meant to be then it will happen.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad Ap
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophisticated)
    Sure ask her out now....if you just want to be a meaningless rebound fling.

If not, then bide your time, at least a couple of months. If she likes you (IF!!!!!) and if it's meant to be then it will happen.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad Ap
    Thank you and I tend to agree!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 15, 2012
New on TSR

What is sixth form like?

Share your story!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.