Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Muslims, how does it feel like fasting for 17 hours

Announcements Posted on
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Best month for muslims

without a doubt best month ever
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    You talking about the Bengali run mosque/school next to the chicken shop looool
    I am going to go to Bengali run mosque but I don't know which one yet Lool.
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamalAhmed)
    I am going to go to Bengali run mosque but I don't know which one yet Lool.
    Its the one closer to Stepheny Green after walking by the bus stop.....u go qmul by any chance or a-level student?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    None of the above, but my bro used to go QMUL. Currently doing GCSEs and wow just realized your posts - 7000! Where do you live if you don't mind saying?
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamalAhmed)
    None of the above, but my bro used to go QMUL. Currently doing GCSEs and wow just realized your posts - 7000! Where do you live if you don't mind saying?
    oh ok, still young, it's cos of the tech sub forum and other stuff, got hooked since the middle of first year.
    I live in Camden, so I go Regents park Mosque
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cyfer)
    Responses to this thread sound great.

Would you recommend I try it out? I am an atheist but I'd like to try out fasting from sunrise to sunset as people in this thread mention.

I am only slightly concerned that I will succumb because I'm on my holidays and I don't really have anything to do apart from surf the web and read books.

Do you drink and eat copious amounts before beginning? i.e. an hour before 1:30am you start a feast?
    Ofcourse you could try it out if you'd like. Basically, wake up at around 2am and eat something like a big breakfast..for example some fruit and a big bowl of oatmeal (just an example) and then go to sleep and fast the whole of that day till we break our fast. Erm as you are an atheist you could just break your fast at any time but if you want to follow the timings of most Muslims you can find it out on google. Its difficult but you get used to it after the first few days Oh and I recommend eating dates, gives you energy for a long time and really makes it easier.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    For me, this year will be great.

Long periods of fasting, yeah, ok - but, it's helping me in my fitness goals of losing fat.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FunkeyMunkey)
    Ofcourse you could try it out if you'd like. Basically, wake up at around 2am and eat something like a big breakfast..for example some fruit and a big bowl of oatmeal (just an example) and then go to sleep and fast the whole of that day till we break our fast. Erm as you are an atheist you could just break your fast at any time but if you want to follow the timings of most Muslims you can find it out on google. Its difficult but you get used to it after the first few days Oh and I recommend eating dates, gives you energy for a long time and really makes it easier.
    Timings? I thought it was just one day sunrise to sunset?

Thanks for the advice.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    lh
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cyfer)
    Timings? I thought it was just one day sunrise to sunset?

Thanks for the advice.
    But how will you know the exact time the sun sets? :s And no problem
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FunkeyMunkey)
    But how will you know the exact time the sun sets? :s And no problem
    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...omy.html?n=136

05:05 sunrise, 21:08 sunset.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 18, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.